Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fanofBabs

" The Guilt Trip" Go See Judge For yourself

" The Guilt Trip" starring Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen opened to mixed reviews and fair box office

But everyone I know (who has seen it) agreed its a very good film, Streisand is excellent, and you come out of theatre feeling good. The problem with reviews and box office is the way film was promoted and time of release. The previews ( Theatre and Tv) Hint thats its a wild slapstick Fockers like comedy... It Is NOT! Its a very ,warm family drama with comic effects..

Streisand plays a Jewish mother living in NJ . Her son is a chemist inventor on west coast When he visits his mom he realizes shes in a "rut" doesnt go out much, not many friends etc.. He feels for her, He is planning a coast to coast car ride to promote his product. He decides to ask his mom to join along She hesitates and then agrees. ..and along this 3,000 mile journey they learn more about each other and improve their relationship. He introduces mom to many different things which change her life eg. drinking Margaritas etc... There are some very funny moments, some tense moments, and tender/ moving moments

Many people cried in several scenes.. Yes there is laughter but is not a Comedy Its a family human interest film about a mother and son,, Very fast paced and well edited. Directed by Anne Fletcher 95 minutes of pleasure... Not a great film but one worth seeing Streisand and Rogen are excellent Streisand should have been Golden Globe nominated.. ,yes shes natural, warm and funny

The other problem It was released at wrong time with all the year end giants If it were released around Mothers Day might have fared better..Go see it and judge for yourself 1/10/13

h4. Springtime for video

Haven't yet seen it myself. There is another aspect to this release date. Don't believe that the studios were being flippant about it's timing at all. This is the season for sleepers.

I am guessing Babs is a very safe "ticket sale" bet. She most definitely has an audience who would watch her in anything. It's smart they pulled Rogen into this road picture too. Two demographics are attracted. The whole concept, not just generational, but the "Fish out of water" or even "city mouse/country mouse" perspective is brought in to great effect, I am certain. Your posting here suggests word of mouth. I strongly suggest you augment your posts to more than this topic and add to other threads, or someone may think it is spam.

If the movie is in release now, it is for Mother's Day DVD sale potential. That to me suggests perfect timing. We shall see.