Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posting Issues

Hibi

My computer was updated to Windows 7 and I now have problems posting. I used to automatically get a prompt to type in the message, now I have to click on the Plain text and it continually asks me if I want this to post like this always on the right side. I click on this, then I finally get a typing prompt. Despite clicking on this, it asks me this EVERY time I post. And I cant get a prompt before going through all these steps! Is there a way to fix this? It's only happening on your site.

When I type on a computer that has not been updated to 7 (xp) I dont have this issue, so it has to be something with the update........

Edited by: Hibi on Jan 16, 2013 2:51 PM

Edited by: Hibi on Jan 16, 2013 2:52 PM

Because the software for this forum was written to help build submarines in World War II, and because it is run on giant Univac computers with vacuum tubes, its virtually impossible to diagnose problems with "modern" technology. Others who may have had the same problem will hopefully chime in if they found a way to fix their problem, but there's no guarantee their problem is the same as yours.

All of that said, make sure to check the following -

Make sure you've installed all of the updates to Windows 7... they're have been an enormous amount and they don't get installed automatically. You have to use Windows Update to do that.

Make sure the browser you are using is the latest version available. And if you can, try other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari).

Make sure your browser is allowing javascript. You'll have to fool around in the options for your browser to check this. Chances are very good that if other sites aren't having problems, you're set to use javascript already.

• 2 months later...

Dear TCM Web Administration:

I am having difficulty editing my lastest post on the TCM Festivals Forum "Sue Sue II" thread. I have not been able to successfully edit the post on a computer with updated software or on an iPad.

Sincerely,

"Sue Sue"

• 2 months later...

Hi TCM web gurus.. not sure why but three of my last posts in the Frank Grimes Torture Thread keep running together.. no paragraphs.**** I leave spaces between the paragraphs (as I have always done) but for some reason when it posts.. it runs together as one long paragraph.. even when I go in and edit to fix it.. it will still repost all run together. **** Any ideas? **** And now I am now editing my post to show you.. I left asterisks at the end of the sentences where there SHOULD be spaces for a new paragraph.. but when it posts.. It is all run together.

Edited by: rohanaka on Jun 3, 2013 10:13 PM

I'm having the same problem. When write, it looks fine, but then when it posts it attaches everything to the last sentence with no spaces. I cant post pictures anymore either.........

test***

test***

test***

Hi again, Web Guru guys.. I am editing my post to say that the problem I am having seems to only be occurring when I use my laptop.. but not my other computer. (because THIS seems to be posting correctly)

Don't know what that MEANS.. ha. but hey.. at least I am happy to be figuring something out

:)

Edited by: rohanaka on Jun 6, 2013 2:32 AM

It seems to be connected to Windows 7 on mine. When I went to a terminal that wasnt updated, I had no problems, it since has, and now I have the same problems on both terminals. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok. I've been holding off on this one because I thought it might just be temporary, but it's been going on for a loooooonnng time.

About 99% of the time after posting a message and the posted message pops up, confirming the message was posted - clicking on Return to Thread does nothing but spin the little blue loading wheel in the upper left of my screen. The page times out. I've taken to bypassing this button and clicking on the forum name (i.e. Games and Trivia) which works perfectly - takes me right back, right away.

Sometimes the Return to Thread function works perfectly.. instantly.. but this only occurs about once a month and only for a couple of messages.

P.S. Oddly enough, the Return to Thread function performed perfectly as I was exiting this post... go figure.

Archived