Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face II - Post 1950's. Whose is it?

Yes, lavender got her. It's Gretchen Corbett. She had a recurring role as James Garner's attorney, Beth Davenport, on "The Rockford Files".

Now, here is a guy whose face you've certainly seen, but can you tell us where? Remember, this is still the General Discussions forum. It's okay to be the first to identify the photos, but it would be great if we could generate more discussions about them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6PAIK9PFNaMrFhF_i3Ylimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-wMRVfrDUO5rTIcX6Ewy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJTrBMUluUnq-yb4srdyw

I'll leave the pictures up for a while. I'd really like to see what some people remember him from. He's a very versatile actor. That all from me for this evening.

Yes, Darkblue, it's Eugene Roche. "Slaughterhouse Five" is where I first saw him and I thought that he did a terrific job. He had a recurring role on "All In The Family" as Archie's prankster playing buddy, Pinky Peterson. He was also in "Foul Play" with Goldie Hawn. He was one of those actors who was equally adept at comedies and dramas.

Now, who is this guy? I'll bet lavenderblue knows him. He was from the same era as Gardner McKay.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYRxqdTp7gMusMBNf4aJNimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJJjSkurh1TC5RMlYs29a

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvudSudHPGO2tb8H7DxZIimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqrQ6oX3b_tihHt_LNPDX

That's the Warner Brothers' stalwart Ty Hardin. He appeared in "Bronco" on TV and many Warner's movies. The color image is from "PT 109". He wasn't much of a thespian, but he wasn't bad in Sam Fuller's "Merrill's Marauders".

Well I guess I got told. I did not know about Hardin's life outside Hollywood. There was no mention of his right wing anti-Semitic group on Wikipedia. I found it on IMDB after lavender's post. Now, how about this fellow? Who is he?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmwHwB1VeSn2MfbrynBULimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgjonChIfuv9_4O7BeiOWimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJgdyE_W9a6wPVMRSZdQa

Sometimes with a mustache, sometimes without. He played both heroes and villains, but he was always refined and smooth.

Oh c'mon. You know I love ya, but Gardner was not just gorgeous, he was a sculptor, one of his works was on display at MoMa, he attended Cornell, he wrote wrote plays, he was a photographer. He contributed in a positive, creative way to the world.

Ty Hardin, is a horrible, hateful, warped, destructive man. btw, I never thought he was good looking either. I know you didn't know that stuff, why would you? but since you want more info posted, there ya go.

Well I'm learning new stuff all the time in these threads. My last photos were indeed Anthony Eisley, and it looks like heuriger is back with us and got it before Ray. Now, here is a guy who always reminded me of Anthony Eisley, only this guy rarely played a hero, maybe never. Twinkeee may know him, he's from Toronto. Who is he?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17cWmO23lOY7KBrUd_wvimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcP3pkj2RttkD3mlQ-Oti

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiMm8Eqz3OSB8jzxOziDn

Sometimes with a mustache, sometimes without.

Yeah, well I think I remember Lloyd more from the expression on his face as he hears the words coming from his secretary:

"MISTER CHAMBERS! DON'T get on that SPACESHIP! 'TO SERVE MAN' is a COOKBOOK!!!"

Yes, it's Lloyd Bochner. Twinkeee got him. Sepiatone must have just mixed up Lloyd and his son, Hart, who is also an actor. I realy don't remember "Hong Kong". I was probably watching their competition, "Wagon Train". Here's a picture from Wikipedia:

220px-Rod_Taylor_Lloyd_Bochner_Hong_Konghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rod_Taylor_Lloyd_Bochner_Hong_Kong_1961.JPG

Now, who is this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTzrdy8jKQI_u1RI9vevDimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU_4ZzN_szEpgpmfrCSyY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPelNBIjhWIL66gmQU5r-

She was on TV in that same era.

LOL ;) it's been cleared

YIKES I must have been doing homework, or studying for a test that night this episode was on. I've got goosebumps LOL . From dust to dessert! Now I want to watch the whole thing.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jun 19, 2013 6:02 PM

Well, that Youtube version was a shortened and condensed version of that memorable TZ episode, and unfortunately now that you know the ending, it's now become a situation akin to sitting down to watch "Soylent Green" and knowing of its "One Trick Pony" premise beforehand also! ;)

(...but if you have a thing for Lloyd, I suppose it's still worth watching)

Well, lavender got Dorothy Provine. Her career was from about the late fifties to the late sixties. She had the title role in "The 30 Foot Bride Of Candy Rock" with Lou Costello, his only movie after splitting from Abbott. I remeber her being in two television series. In "The Alaskans", she was a singer in a saloon in the 1890's. In "The Roaring Twenties". she was a singer in a nightclub.

Now, every baby boomer should remember this next guy. Do you?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnWh8jNH2Ldngi14o6OTJimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT07yO9aA85KPBTSf0QkfM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHu3U7NdS_I8JjcXtpsxZ

He appears to be sunburnt in the last pic.