Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face II - Post 1950's. Whose is it?

Yes, Twinkeee got in just ahead of musicalnovelty. "The Real McCoys" was kind of the forerunner of "The Beverly Hillbillies", only the McCoys weren't rich. Do you remember

"Week after week you're gonna be showed

Another human episode

Of Grandpappy Amos and the girls and the boys

Of the family known as The Real McCoys"?

When I was a kid, my family moved about four miles to the next town, and on my street was a boy named Barry Fitzgerald and a girl named Kathy Nolan.

Now do you know this fellow? He was not an actor.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWFHxRp_wKvy5ORFAdgd8images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU-rwkPwwSfGc5Kgn8crj

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzK422JhmK8O7ZyQPCAsv

The man never had a bad hair day in his life.

Are you KIDDING? HOW can you NOT call that a bad hair day? Or, bad hair LIFE?

He looks like a character off of some SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE sketch.

Sepiatone

> {quote:title=Gorch wrote:}{quote}Didn't Wayne Cochran play the Metalluna Mutant in "This Island Earth'? Looks just like him.

No, that was Jeff Morrow who is often maligned as an actor on the posts . The movie predated Wayne Cochran-not to be confused with Eddie who didn't need a gimmick to be a showman-so perhaps it was an inspiration.

Twinkeee got him. Wayne Cochran And The C.C. Riders was a white soul group in the sixties and seventies. Wayne just took Conway Twitty's pompadour and expanded it a bit.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNgfnov1mATZN9I8M9ysCimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJiSoIBlVDNXpVrvJxeC_

Well, maybe quite a bit. Darkblue said he looks like an evangelist. Wayne retired from the music business and is now an ordained minister in the Miami area.

Now, do you know who this is?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5fbdHlRcWTRLg8lo0ne-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8Zp97GSNyxCcFL6Pkgowimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDdgrOg5cvRXHHC3gEyK8

He was a popular singer in the fifties.

Edited by: MilesArcher on Jul 3, 2013 12:42 PM

> Now, do you know who this is?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5fbdHlRcWTRLg8lo0ne-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8Zp97GSNyxCcFL6Pkgowimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDdgrOg5cvRXHHC3gEyK8

>

>

>

> He was a popular singer in the fifties.

Actor and singer Guy Mitchell. I can't believe I got this first. Unlike him, I "never felt less like singing the blues".

Dothery said...

I loved Guy Mitchell's songs; they were always so cheerful and upbeat. He had a nice voice and an even nicer manner. "Poor little robin, walkin' walkin' walkin' to Missouri ..."

==============================

Guy Mitchell made a lot of good records. Two of my faves are "The Rovin' Kind" and "Sparrow in the Tree Top". Got both of them on original Columbia 78's.

Yes, wouldbestar got Guy Mitchell. For those who don't remember, he was a very big singing star in the pre-rock and roll fifities. Here he is in a clip:

And for musicalnovelty, here are some clips.

And who could ever forget "Feet Up, Pat Him On The Po Po"?

I think yopu can find just about all of his songs on Youtube.

Now, here is a young lady who kind of epitomized the swinging sixties with her records and her appearances in teen-oriented movies. Do you know her?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3guUz8c8vGOVBS8UPdxlimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRapAVJ-kDhvhnfkiQgGIx

She even appeared with a little guy who wore tights and a cape!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsk7hv0roZkEfwZeGU79A