Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face II - Post 1950's. Whose is it?

Thanks for the compliment Miles. I think you're a Smarty too. ;) I do remember, I use to watch Private Secretary when I was a little girl. That's Ann Tyrrell. Ann Sothern starred in that series. Don Porter was their boss. She was also Ann's sidekick in The Ann Sothern Show .Such great names, Susie McNamara for Ann, Ms. Tyrrell played Vy and Olive. Love all those character names. There's must be some psychic or voodoo stuff between us, I was just thinking of these shows the other day.

I would have used our psychic connection to find it quickly. I posted Ann Tyrrell after seeing Ann Sothern in a movie on Mary Boland day. She was to Ann Sothern as Vivian Vance was to Lucy. Now, who could this next person be?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_ohLTZ8MCN855n1wgB37

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiRoL5d1byU47ot17bXT3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW7a8dezhrB22jK3ufheY

She was very popular in the 1950's, but she was not an actress.

Yes.it's Joni James. Her real name was Giovanna Carmella Babo. If you were a teenager or young adult like our man Fred in the years from 1952 to about 1957, you danced to many of her songs like "Why Don't You Believe Me?" and " How Important Can It Be?". Now, here is a contemporary of her's. Do you know who this young lady is?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Gi6iuuurvDLrD2GQFhkimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM97TUy8TBJRgImthpA_Q

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbAGAEP3mwkgJD0_sfdCT

She was given the name GOGI by the head of RCA recording studio, Dave Kapp, whos favourite restaurant was named Gogi's La Rue.

The last name GRANT, was chosen after Cary Grant.

Her real name was Myrtle Arinsberg.

Gogi recorded ,...THE WAYWARD WIND

Twinks

That's right, Twinks. Gogi Grant also dubbed the singing voice of Ann Blyth in "The Helen Morgan Story". Now, here is a youngster that you may recognize. She was in a well known sitcom for a while. Do you know her? Do you know her famous brother?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkCxDsTH9BRC_xwZc19Hvimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW969g7o_ef0otp8_lR3E

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs17sZPj4ty5xjcEnRCb5

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}Dawn Lynn she played Dodi Beverly Garland's daughter and the youngest addition to the Douglas family. Her brother was that teenage heartthrob (not by me) Leif Garrett, who btw didn't turn out so well.

Speaking of Beverly, does anybody know why the biography of her that was due out last summer, was delayed until fall, then scuttled did not come out? Deborah Del Vechio wrote it and several familiar actors were quoted in it. I was looking forward to reading it.

Is the lady below Tina Cole from *My Three Sons?* If so, she was part of the singing King Family. Oh well, Tina was even if that's somebody else.

I didnt know there was a book coming out on Beverly Garland. Wonder why it was pulled? She must have lived an interesting life to get it published (almost it seems!) I dont know anything about her.......

Sorry, no. Richard Rodgers was never an actor. This fellow's first wife was an actress who worked in a soap opera. His second wife was more famous. She was an actress/singer. This guy wrote a song that was a big hit for Nat King Cole.

Edited by: MilesArcher on Aug 11, 2013 12:21 AM

I'm pretty sure this guy got his "kicks on Route 66"...when he wasn't gettin' his kicks by havin' the good fortune to be married to the sultry Julie London, that is. ;)

(...that of course would make him one Bobby Troup)

Correctomundo, Dargo! His first wife was actress Cynthia Hare, who appeared on "The Bold And The Beautiful" for many years. One of his daughters from that marriage, Ronne Troup, played the wife of Chip Douglas (Stanley Livingstone) in the final seasons of "My Three Sons". Bobby Troup's second wife, Julie London, had been married to "Emergency" producer Jack Webb. Apparently, they were all very friendly with one another. Now, do you know this fellow? You may recognize the face, but his name may escape you. He played a cop in a highly rated TV series. Later, he played the same character in a spin-off series that he starred in.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM0Mker90prrQB4HB-7AUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGk_jxEPSBE1kSN0Vty61