Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face II - Post 1950's. Whose is it?

CaveGirl wrote:

Jean Arless was the chick, playing both Emily [?] AND Warren.

"Jean Arless" was better known as Joan Marshall who was all over TV and movies in the late 50's and 60's. I read that William Castle had her use this name to help keep the plot twist under wraps. I kept thinking he/she looked familiar then one day figured it out.

That's right, Twinks. In "The People's Choice", Jackie Cooper played Socrates "Sock" Miller and Margaret Irving played his Aunt Gus. Patricia Bresin played Mandy Peoples, the daughter of Mayor Peoples, played by Paul Maxey. Sock secretly marries Mandy, but they don't tell her father. Somewhere along the way, Aunt Gus marries Mayor Peoples and the secret is revealed. Now, who is this actor?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQOB84loK9YtOGTAg7XBn

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJl8_DYZXX6Vt4hIQJpb

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqVb0SDwVSSa_tIattht0

Wow, you're right. I never noticed the similarity between the two and I probably miss-identified both actors over the years. I'll have to apologize to my wife who has the same problem with James Coburn and Lee Marvin.

I sit corrected.

Dargo got it. It's Rita Gam. Here she is on LIFE magazine in 1952.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR6I71XKKSk5haH9e8DKz

And here's something that you probably didn't know. She was a bridesmaid at the wedding of her good friend, Grace Kelly. Both of them were from Pennsylvania, Grace from Phildelphia and Rita from Pittsburgh.

Now, who is this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvMYafJHFxGTVomG2LYDN

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRefnjo3Mj8PtcMYBWrXBV

What TV show do we know her from?

lavenderblue19 wrote:

Sheila James played Zelda, always wanting Dobie to love her remember how she'd crinkle her nose at him LOL the show was The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis

I loved Zelda and was delighted when the writers let Dobie finally wake up and see what was in front of him and propose. Then suddenly she disappeared. It wasn't until the 80's that I learned it was because the producers thought she was too "unfeminine" then learned she was gay and feared a backlash should this become known. By the time this article appeared she was a California State Legislator and it didn't matter. I am straight but find this utterly ridiculous.

While I absolutely agree with you about the unfair treatment Sheila received because of her sexual orientation back then, wouldbe, I gotta say how ironic I found it that Miles posted a picture of her right below a picture Rita Gam down there.

'Cause ya see, with you mentioning the producer's of her TV show using the cop-out of implying Miss James "wasn't feminine enough", the thought crossed my mind that you could probably take almost ANY woman's picture and place it next to the gorgeous and sultry Miss Gam, and THEY wouldn't be considered "feminine enough" in comparison!

LOL

;)

Well, once again, the blonde Tuesday never did a thing for me.

(...nope, gimme those sultry BRUNETTES like Ava Gardner, Rita Gam and Capucine EVERY time!!!) ;)

(...oh yeah, I ALMOST forgot...and Madeleine Stowe TOO!!!!)

LOL

Edited by: Dargo2 on Sep 13, 2013 4:02 PM