Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face II - Post 1950's. Whose is it?

I remeber for years it was claimed he was among the cast in the OUR GANG comedies, although there's no proof of it.

I thought the name Emil Klinger was a strange one for a Small town cop in 1955. I wonder how it came about? And WHY wasn't he wearing a DRESS?

Sepiatone

Yes, Dargo got John Beradino, who was Johnny Berardino in his baseball days, He was on the 1948 Cleveland Indians that won the World Series. That was the last Cleveland team to accomplish that feat. He didn't hit much after he turned thirty and by the time he was thirty-five, his playing days were about done. He spent more than thirty years on "General Hospital".

Now, this next one might be tough because the pictures are not all that clear. A few years ago some former TV western stars got together for a photo shoot. Each actor is numbered in these photos. The ones in the foreground should be easier to identify than the ones in the background. How many can you name? Use the scroll bar at the bottom to see the photos in their entirety.

tvcowboys.png

part2.png

Edited by: MilesArcher on Feb 17, 2014 1:40 AM

Wow, this is great, nice photo! I don't know many of the people in the photo but #1 looks like James Garner in Maverick. #3 looks like Robert Mitchum, #7 looks like Glenn Ford, #23 is Jay Silverheels and #25 is the Lone Range, was his name Clayton Moore? Is #10 Jack Palance? I'm really not good at this...but I know Chuck Connors, James Arness and a few others must be in there, but don't know which one they are.

1. Hugh O'Brien

2. Clint Walker

3. Stuart Whitman

4. James Drury

5. Robert Horton

6. Peter Breck

7. Peter Brown

9. Lee Majors

10. Gene Barry (definitely)

11. Robert Loggia ?

12 Dale Robertson ??

13 ?

14 ?

15. ?

16. Johnny Crawford

17 ?

18. Fess Parker

19 David Carradine

20. Ken Barry

21 ?

22. Larry Storch

23. Michael Ansara

24. Peter Brown NOT a correction- Ben Murphy(repeated Peter)

25. Clayton Moore

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Feb 17, 2014 12:24 PM

I'm pretty sure #8 is Will "Sugarfoot" Hutchins, and #15 is Sheb Wooley who besides being featured in "High Noon" and the TV series "Rawhide", had a big novelty song hit record in the late '50s, "Flyin' Purple People Eater".

And Lavender, I don't think #24 is Peter Brown, but is actually Ben Murphy who starred in "Alias Smith and Jones" along with the tragic Pete Duel.

Edited by: Dargo2 on Feb 17, 2014 9:01 AM

>Yeah, I'll go along with Murphy on that one, Darg.

Yep, Sepia. Ya know, similarly to how Michael Parks and the recently departed Christopher Jones always resembled James Dean, wouldn't ya say Ben Murphy resembled Paul Newman quite a bit, also?

>I believe #14 is Dick Simmons, who played Sergeant Preston of the Yukon. The uniform and dog are giveaways.

Why, of course you're correct here, Rich.

(...I guess what might have thrown me a bit here is that his faithful canine companion Yukon King hadn't grown a mustache in the intervening years like many of the rest of the guys there!!!) ;)

>#17 - is that Chuck Connors? He's not tall enough..but I figured since Johnny Crawford is next to him, perhaps it's Chuck Connors from Rifleman?

ncff, I'm pretty sure this picture was taken around the year 2000, and because Connors died in 1992, I don't think he's in this picture.