Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

Oh, that face, that fabulous face II - Post 1950's. Whose is it?

Ok, since some people have done some musicians who made movies, here is a guy who I liked a lot, back in the good old days.

This is a 1957 photo of him and some of his fans. He is listed on IMDB as having contributed to the soundtrack of 144 movies and TV shows, played himself in 75 movies and TV shows, and made a cameo appearance in 1 movie.

Who is he?

szjuhx.jpg

It's the monster from the green lagoon - that's his day job, anyway.

I'll let someone else ID him.

That is a nice photo.

> {quote:title=slaytonf wrote:}{quote}That is a reference I do not know.

In a TV series, that was his day job until he was needed elsewhere. Usually seen in costume in the opening scenes.

Maybe I think this pictue is of somebody else than it is, although I've compared it with others and it looks like him. Why don't you go ahead and name him?

This appears to be a doctored photo of an unknown U.S. sailor with George Peppard's face.

Here's the original.... and George Peppard overlay

2jcy1ll.jpg34f1boz.jpg

>This appears to be a doctored photo of an unknown U.S. sailor with George Peppard's face.

How did you figure that one out??

First, I googled George Peppard's image (I could see it was him). The lonely photo of him in a sailor's outfit popped up aways down the page. I clicked on it and landed on a webpage with the photo of Peppard. Looking under the photo, to the left, is the word 'sailor' - it's a link (I discovered when my mouse ran over it) that goes directly to the original photo of the unknown sailor.

I just did another Google image search for George Peppard to make sure it's still there.. it doesn't show up on the results pages now. It's conspicuously absent. Something's afoot. However.. here is the link to it's webpage. Enjoy! http://illob.worth1000.com/entries/46438/george-peppard

Oh...yeah. Well HERE'S the real story on this, KidD.

It seems Peppard was Altman's first pick to play the famous spinach-eatin' hero in that mess of a movie musical he made back in 1980, and that picture of him in the sailor suit was a still from his screen test. However, word was that Robin Williams eventually got the part because he could scrunch up his face much better than Peppard could ever muster.

(...well, a least that's what I've heard, anyway!)

;)