Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did anyone notice Manhattan Monkey Business last friday?

The Charley Chase Short aired after Cary Grant's "Monkey Business"! DOH! I saw no mention of it in the program grid. I seem to have the worst luck catching these, but I saw it just before the Laurel & Hardy foregin films.

By the way, at least in the Spanish version of Blotto, we see what happens when Stan wants to get some air..... The electric fan footage is always missing in surviving latter-day prints, so I am guessing it was cut as far back as the 1937 re-issue....anyone know why??

> {quote:title=Trix_of_the_Flix wrote:

> }{quote}In the Spanish version of Blotto, we see what happens when Stan wants to get some air..... The electric fan footage is always missing in surviving latter-day prints, so I am guessing it was cut as far back as the 1937 re-issue....anyone know why??

Yes, there was some footage cut from the 1930 original for the 1937 reissue (as well as the titles and music score being replaced). But for some strange reason the fan scene was not in the 1930 original (English language) either.

No idea why it was cut. It was only a few seconds, and by cutting it they threw away a gag that would have gotten some laughs.