Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silent Night (2012)

Anchor Bay has done a masterful job of bringing us this truly outstanding "slasher" horror gem.

The strong cast (Malcolm McDowell), the witty, sharp script and the production are all outstanding.

What excited me was the stunning use of vivid, glowing color throughout.

We see the vibrant crimson of Santa Claus (there are many Santa Claus' figures since a competition is being held for jolly bearded men in this small village) framed against throbbing emerald green and cobalt blue backdrops.

It reminded me of watching a young Dario Argento at his peak (i.e, Inferno, Deep Red, Opera, etc.) after ingesting LSD.

> {quote:title=princessananka wrote:}{quote}

>

> It reminded me of watching a young Dario Argento at his peak (i.e, Inferno, Deep Red, Opera, etc.) after ingesting LSD.

>

If I'd watched an Argento film after ingesting LSD, back in the day, I probably would not have survived. I preferred things like *Fantasia* and *Yellow Submarine*. I did watch the 1937 *The Hurricane* in that state, and it took me a week to recover from the intensity... :)

Do you remember orange sunshine? :)

I still remember the first time I saw *King Kong*. I was 8 years old. My mom would never let us watch it on TV. But, we were staying at an aunt and uncle's place. The adults were out, leaving a male teen cousin to watch us. *King Kong* came on, and we watched it! I loved it, but had nightmares for days. In my 20s, I think Kong and LSD probably would have gone down well together...