Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Where did the 'Wiilson" thread go?

*"I have a minor issue with this sentence: We should be able to discuss Wilson here without dragging in antagonistic personal or contemporary political views."* - JJG

I understand. Maybe I should have written it --

"...without dragging in _antagonistic_ political views of a personal or contemporary nature."

"Antagonistic" is the important qualifier above and meant to describe both contemporay and/or personal views and not solely personal views. Because I do believe some "contemporary" political references can be made without being provocative or disruptive.

>By the way, Dargo, I was worried that your use of the word "tookis" might get this thread shut down! If the Moderator really wants to "crack" down, that is.

LOL

Yeah, and if the Admin ESPECIALLY has a thing against the use of Yiddish around here TOO, huh! ;)

(...btw, I believe "tookus" is spelled with a "u" and not an "i"...though then again, this goyim here COULD be wrong, ya know!)

At most news and political sites, after a story is posted there are comments by users. The first half-dozen or so comments are on point, either pro or con, and then the threads degenerate into mudslinging between posters.

Very rarely does that happen here. I think it's absurd to delete a thread about a political film because politics entered the discussion.

Ah, I didn't mean to change your spelling of tookus. It's transliterated from Yiddish, so I think it shows up many ways. An old Jewish grandmother would pronounce it "tuchus," with the "ch" sound being like the ch in Bach. I know a few Yiddish expressions. A good one is "Tuchus affen tisch," which means "put up or shut up," but actually translates as "put your butt on the table."

Joe_Stalin.jpg

I really don't think it's fair to equate a master of the trade like

Uncle Joe with the amateurs around here. A completely different

level of talent.

1stalin-airbrush.jpg