Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Riddle

hpyglf

Comment: The way to keep the questions in accordance with the theme is to have the answer in rhyme.

That was the idea. So, why I like Sounds of the Baskervilles there is no rhyming. It is only taking one word out and substituting another word in its place. Also, it worthwhile if the question includes hints at the original movie, even if not explicit.

So the one about Virginia City lacked reference to the movie. It was a definitional game. (BTW Virginia City was in Utah Territory, now Nevada, so had little connection with south).

So on the Ben Hur question, how about: A Jewish prince finds it's a dog's life. Ben Cur.

Not great, but this draws back to the original theme.

Greta Garbo and Joan Crawford look for cheaper digs.

Grand Motel is just fine, and probably better than what I had in mind which was Grand Novotel.

Now, on our honeymoon about three centuries ago after staying in chateaus all over the place, we ended up in a town in which the only available room was in a Novotel. That line of inns was like Motel 6.

Well, I just loved it. Small bars of soap, paper strip around the toilet, everything was clean. Nothing was musty. Ah, it was Grand to me.

Archived