Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foreign Films--WE NEED MORE!!!!

love4claudia

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> fi, I've said it before; If you could just get over this "but I don't like reading sub-titles" thing, you'd discover a world of great movies.

How true!

A couple of months ago, I watched *The Borrowed Castle.* It's a Hungarian movie with French subtitles and closed captions in English.

Fantastically funny movie! The double set of words didn't bother me at all.

From time to time, TCM does run a lot of foreign films. A few years back they did a Kurosawa festival, they did a Jean Gabin festival, they did a Mexican films of the revolution festival. The films of Satyajit Ray are upcoming. But, yes, I wouldn't mind more foreign films!

> {quote:title=love4claudia wrote:}{quote}

> I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to have a month dedicated to the classic and cult favorite foreign films. I want to see more Italian, Spanish, French, Japanese, or any other foreign language films. Let's mix it up!

>

> Anybody else?

>

I'm with you 100%. I'd also like to see more silents.

And while I understand and sympathize with TCM's management's realization that most "casual viewers" want little more than an endless loop of the AFI's Top 100, I certainly wouldn't complain if silents and foreign films were mostly relegated to the wee hours and workday, especially since that's already when about 95% of the most interesting movies are slotted to begin with. At least that way anyone with a DVR or DVD recorder would have a chance at seeing them.

Archived