Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beautiful Creatuers

Ew, what a mess!The cast is excellent, esp. the two young leads, but the story is sooo confusing and unless you're familiar with the book, it's almost impossible to understand what's going on.I saw all that money up on the screen, and thought: With all those millions, someone could have FINALLY made H.P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness," which in a way, "Prometheus" suggested in a tantalizing way.

"At the Mountains of Madness" is known to be a "dream" project for numerous movie makers--Ridley Scott, Stephen Spielberg, Guillermo, etc.I wish some fiery young unknown would do it, bringing it to the really extraordinary horror that Lovecraft evokes. All these "oldtimers" seem to use the same animated, fantasy stereotypes that have lost their fear factor.I was amazed that "Mama", for instance, would use such an old hackneyed animated monster for the creature since it was so patently animation.A young Tobe Hooper type would be ideal.