Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lyle Talbot biography

sanfranciscosearcher

For fans of Hollywood's Golden Age, especially fans of Pre-Code films, I recommend the new biography of Warner Bros. actor Lyle Talbot ("Three on a Match," "20,000 Years at Sing Sing," "Ladies They Talk About" and many, many more).

It's called, "The Entertainer: Movies, Magic and My Father's Twentieth Century" by his daughter, Margaret Talbot, who is a staff writer for the New Yorker magazine.

It's packed with insider stories about Talbot's many loves and countless film, TV and stage performances and offers new insights into the nature of show biz from the Roaring '20s through the 1980s. Talbot was a consummate pro. A symbol of the working actor. Always busy.

Also, a founding member of the Screen Actors Guild.

There's another Lyle talbot thread on the *Hot Topics* forum. I only knew him from his villain roles in movie serials and as the spokesman for Merita Bread in the 50s during *The Lone Ranger* commercials("mmm, mmm, deeelicious!"). Mon told us he was a star and a ladies man a long time ago; we just thought of him as "Mr. Delicious". I want to read this book and find out more about him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived