Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

East European cartoons

I remember back in the mid 1970's, PBS aired a program called something like "International Animation Film Festival". Jean Marsh was the host. I think it ran half an hour and don't remember how many episodes there were. But they showed some amazing animated shorts with some of the most interesting being ones out of Eastern Europe. The only ones I remember specifically were a few of the 'MaxiCat' cartoons out of {font:arial, sans-serif}{size:small}Zagreb, Yugoslavia. So many of the cartoons were just brilliant.

My local PBS station would also air animated shorts between some programs up through the early 90s or so.

Anyone remember this program? {font}

It was a favorite of mine. They also aired cartoons from the National Film Board of Canada. One favorite NFB film was about fire prevention. It starred a cat, who was observing all the fire hazards in his house. Suddenly, they all erupted in flame. Then, the cat said "now, for a mouse flambeau!" I think they also showed some Mr. Koumal toons, from Zagreb Studios.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...