Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skibone

You Be The Judge

My manuscript, JUST A COUPLE OF DAMES, about two actresses that fall in love with each other during 1940s Hollywood is in a contest for the Backspace Writers Conference. Of course with being classic film fans I'd like your vote, but if you don't like what you see and you like to read please vote for others on the site!

JUST A COUPLE OF DAMES is entry #94 but as I said there are a lot of great entries and you may enjoy being a "judge" in your own right.

http://www.backspacewritersconference.com/2013-backspace-writers-conference-scholarship-contest/

Thanks in advance and enjoy!

Akilli

I haven't read it yet( I'll get around to it), but just by your quick summary, it appears to be a movie that wouldn't have been MADE in it's time period. THAT'S piqued my interest.

It's funny how, in spite of loud protest to the contrary, attitudes have largely changed. There's a KINDLE TV ad that shows a man and woman sitting next to each other on a beach. She mentions to the man, "My HUSBAND is getting me a drink." HE replies, "So is MINE." Then they both turn and wave at two men at the bar.

You'd have never seen that ad 10 years ago. OR your movie made 65 years ago!

Sepiatone

Well it's just a fictional novel not a movie script. Although it's kind of written like a an old radio play. It definitely wouldn't have been made back then but now I think people are more accepting so I guess it could work :)