Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kaslovesTCM

Tootsie ??? not AGAIN!

You've lost me. None of the usual suspects for being over-shown------NORTH BY NORTHWEST, SOME LIKE IT HOT, DOCTOR ZHIVAGO, or FROM HERE TO ETERNITY are on your list. Why not?

> {quote:title=TikiSoo wrote:}{quote}

> "Classic" is not "what a fan decides based on personal opinion."

I believe that you are failing to take into account the post-Copernicusian belief structure of some posters. Their opinion alone is sufficient to determine what is or is not a classic because the universe revolves around them.

;)

Including one showing this month, The Searchers has been shown 7 times. I only included films Dobbs specified in his post. That's why no NXNW or Some Like It Hot.

You might want to check this list and see if it is correct.

Gaslight on TCM Jan. 7, 2013:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10301186

Gaslight on TCM Jan. 16, 2013:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10301208

Gaslight on TCM Jan. 22, 2013:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10301244

Gaslight on TCM June 9, 2013:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10301680

Gaslight on TCM, July 20, 2013:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10301779

Gaslight on TCM, Oct. 16, 2013:

See TCM schedule for Oct.

> {quote:title=SansFin wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=TikiSoo wrote:}{quote}

> > "Classic" is not "what a fan decides based on personal opinion."I believe that you are failing to take into account the post-Copernicusian belief structure of some posters. Their opinion alone is sufficient to determine what is or is not a classic because the universe revolves around them.

>

> ;)

...nor does the Universe revolve around You !

>I would not do that as DSM does not list "crazy" as a condition.

I think you mean DSM-V, also known as DSM-5.

If you read my post I said I didn't have the June 2012 issue. I did not include October. It isn't scientific. I'm not trying to prove anything--if anything it goes along with what you were saying. These films are played a lot.

To add a few more

Doctor Zhivago 2 times, and 5 times each for From Here to Eternity, North by Northwest and Some Like It Hot.

*The Searchers* beat out *Gaslight* 7 to 6 for the amount of times shown on TCM.. I still consider them to be Great and Classic films. I never tire of The Searchers, I own the film and still watch it when it's on.

I wonder how many people, like many of us, watch the channel all the time, as compared to watching only occasionally?

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}I wonder how many people, like many of us, watch the channel all the time, as compared to watching only occasionally?

Can you clarify that? Do you mean:

1. You watch TCM continuously, i.e., 24 hours per day, and therefore have perfected how to eat, sleep, and perform other human functions while watching.

2. If your TV is on, you are watching TCM (which is logically equivalent to the contrapositive, if you are not watching TCM, then your TV is not on, which therefore means you are watching TCM only occasionally).

3. x = 10

4. None of the above

Good that you do not complain ..Ever Blu !

I would Not complain Ever either Blu,... us Canucks Know better !..eh ! ;)

Twink

( now Dargou , on the other hand,... that's All he Ever does is Complain....he doesn't know how good he has it ! ) :0

> {quote:title=twinkeee wrote:}{quote}

> ...nor does the Universe revolve around You !

I am very thankful that it does not! It was surely affect the legendary awesomeness of my humility. I wish it at all times to be said of me: "She is very humble and she has good reason to be."

I doubt seriously that I could maintain my unpretentious obsequiousness if I were to become the center of anything.