Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Quatro Da Vanda

sfpcc1

On Monday morning from 3 AM to 6AM TCM is showing No Quatro Da Vanda. The Comcast guide does not mention it's plot, just two of it's leads and that it came out in the year 2000. IMDB told me that it is a semi documetary about a drug addict in Portugal. Even though I'm not crazy about 3 hour movies, (I haven't seen Les Mis or Zero Dark Thirty but I plan to) I'm probally going to DVR it. Anybody else out there plan to do the same?

Edited by: sfpcc1 on Mar 29, 2013 8:57 PM

Interestingly, this could be considered a recent example (albeit a very, very different one) of the type of films seen on TCM this month, the Robert Flaherty-esque docudrama, like some of the Rossellini films (especially India), the Lionel Rogosin films, Eskimo, White Shadows in the South Seas, etc.

Aside from the 3 hour length, I should warn prospective viewers that this is a formally unorthodox film and one that a majority of viewers would consider very slow..."slow" in the bad sense...but I hope that doesn't deter anyone. Just a fair warning.

Glad that TCM is giving some good time to another significant contemporary filmmaker.