Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sunrise at Campobello

musikone

Looking in my faithful (always there with the facts) TCM schedule for this month, I see that the cast is:

(1) Zena Bethune

(2) Tim Considine

(3) Alan Bunce

What a disappointment! I have been wrongly assuming that the stars of this movie were Ralph Bellamy and Greer Garson. I guess that I'll have to scrub out the recording which I just made, without wasting my time to watch an imitation movie. I'll wait for the real thing to show up soon; this should not take too long, considering TCM's ongoing infection with the Repetitis virus.

]:) musikone ]:)

Too bad, you'll miss it. In this version, Tim Considine's casting as FDR was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen and who would have guessed that Ralph Bellamy would have been so good playing his son. ;)

Jeez. We just went over this with you last week with *The Boy With Green Hair*.

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=168776&tstart=30&messageID=8744055#8744055

Are you running out of things to rag on TCM about? You're repeating yourself.

If you're going to go to all this trouble, you could at least do something original for those of us reading it.

Now Mark, wouldn't ya say Tim's performance as the shell-shocked soldier who gets slapped by George C. Scott's Patton in that movie about the egocentric "Old Blood and Guts", makes his turn as FDR seem almost pale by comparison??? ;)

(...btw, my dearly departed father who served in Patton's Third Army almost throughout the war, told me as we walked out the theater after viewing this film together back in 1970 and during its initial release that he always thought it was miraculous that the guy made it all the way through the war...and PRIMARILY because not ONLY did the Germans want the guy dead, but that probably HALF the Americans soldiers who served under him wanted to take a shot at the guy TOO...which was probably the first time I had ever heard that old joke)

LOL

For the record, the opening cast credits were as listed on the IMDb, with Bellamy first, Garson second and so on. The closing credits were given in order of appearance, as on the film's data page on this site.

Both sites can claim to be "official" even while being different. The IMDb is inconsistent in its use of such credits and plenty of times I've updated the cast lists for films which have more names at the close than at the end. AIR HAWKS was a recent example although my additions don't seem to have been approved as of today.

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}Jeez. We just went over this with you last week with *The Boy With Green Hair*.

> http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=168776&tstart=30&messageID=8744055#8744055

>

> Are you running out of things to rag on TCM about? You're repeating yourself.

>

> If you're going to go to all this trouble, you could at least do something original for those of us reading it.

Don't blame me for this. I caught the contagious Repetitus virus from TCM. While here, it has mutated into a very hardy bug.

musikone