Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Smash (Moving To Saturdays)

sfpcc1

NBC is moving the struggling series Smash to Saturday, which what a network does nowadays when they're about to cancel a show. Is anyone out there still watching? If you are do you like the changes made in the second season? The biggest change is that musical numbers are more realistic and are not part of a fantasy sequence. Also two other musicals are featured, (one seems like a version of Rent.)

Edited by: sfpcc1 on Apr 2, 2013 10:44 PM

SMASH is the only primetime show that I watch on NBC. I have watched the series since the beginning and have continued to enjoy the music and plotline. It doesn`t look to promising that the network has moved the show to Saturdays, but I will follow.

• 1 month later...

Smash has been officially cancelled by NBC, (we kind of all knew this was comming.) The final episode will be Sunday May 26. So does anybody out there want to offer a post mortem? (or to trash network TV in general.) Right now I'm watching one of the final episodes on Xfinity, (Karen just ran into Ivy.)

I decided I'd had enough of what network TV was becoming a long time ago. For me 1990 represents the abyss. yet I continued to monitor. Benchmarks for me: positive. the 1997 adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, the version aired on CBS...not ABC. Well-directed by veteran Michael Anderson. A big negative, House of Frankenstein 1997 on NBC which firmly convinced me that NBC executives had become lunatics. When a white alaskan husky is palmed off as a werewolf, well that's it. :| Further proof came with their mini-series Noah's Ark which I found to be totally incomprehensible and the mental state of some at Robert Halmi Productions seriously in question. Yet another bright spot on NBC was, also from Halmi, The Odyssey with Armand Assante which I find reminiscent of The Charles H. Schneer - Ray Harryhausen greek mythology peblum.

Somehow I managed to miss those.

These days the networks don't really make mini series anymore. The movie of the week is also mostly gone, (they've been mostly replaced by Lifetime movies which is a whole diferent story.)

> The final episode will be Sunday May 26.

I think they forgot to update that announcement because they said in the voice-over of the preview that a two-hour finale is airing on this upcoming Saturday night, May 18th.