Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brando

I don't know about all day. There'd have to be some saturation point.

But if they did, I'd prefer some of the not usual suspects.

Or, they could have alternated between a Day movie and Brando movie. However bi-polar that would seem.

Sepiatone

Yes, they are both born today. It's odd, though they came from the same time period, they seem almost from different eras. TCM is showing a few films (not enough) of both, but only during the day. I wish they'd extend birthday tributes into primetime, but that seems a no-no on TCM.........

I think of that sort of thing often when it comes to famous people born in 1926, the year my Mother was born.

I have trouble reconciling her being born the same year as CHUCK BERRY and MARYLIN MONROE. 1926 is the only thing the three of them have in common!

Sepiatone

A friend of mine drove him in LA to the Larry King show. After they all got back to the house, he settled in to wait for them, but Brando came out and said, "No, you're not going to sit out here all by yourself. Come on in and be one of the group." Mike had known a lot of celebs, but they were usually content to leave him there with his book until they were ready to leave. He said, "Thank you, Mr. Brando," and Brando said, "No, no. Marlon." And so he went in and sat with the others, talking and drinking (in his case, water). He was floating ... and then literally floating. Marlon said, "If you want to take a swim, go ahead," and he went outside with some of the others and they got in the pool. He said afterward, "I couldn't believe I was there in Brando's pool, with the palm trees all around, and the moon and the stars ..." No hanky-panky, mind you, just swimming. When the party broke up and he was getting ready to haul them all home, Brando tried to give him a tip, but Mike refused. He said just being there was plenty. Brando smiled and said, "I like this guy." It was the highlight of Mike's career. Later he gave up his limo service and went to work for a billionaire who is married to Yvette Mimieux, starting as a chauffeur and moving up to personal aide. He enjoyed the limo work but is much more content doing this.

Now that would've been a pairing! Depending on the story, it could've been good too. (not a Pillow Talk comedy...)I remember reading DD said he was one of her favorite actors. Who would've thought Day and Gable together?

i noticed that Brando's 1961 pic One Eyed Jacks wasn't shown again and it's the best of his 60's work. in general, each succeeding movie of his during the 60's was poorer than the last and provides a look at his poor choices and the erosion of his skills. a showing of Jacks isn't a right's question since the movie's in the public domain and some really good copies are available. heck, the movie even gets overlooked when there's a Karl Malden salute.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote} Who is "Mike"?

Oh. Sorry. Mike is my friend referred to in my previous post, who told me the story about his being at Brando's house and swimming in his pool, etc. He was very impressed with Brando.