Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dog college football short

njrossdawg

I was at a friend's in Massachusetts watching TCM during the last weekend of October and inbetween films they showed a short film which must have been from the 30's or 40's, it starred only dogs and it told the story of a college football player who was kicked off the team and then changed his ways and came back.

It featured dogs dressed as players and coaches, cheerleaders and fans. The highlight was a dog kicking a fieldgoal.

Please somebody help me with the name of this film or where I can get a copy.

The name of the film is COLLEGE HOUNDS (1930), one of the Dogville comedies devised by Jules White and Zion Meyers.

Fire up your VCR -- COLLEGE HOUNDS will be shown on TCM Jan. 11 at 5:15 am as part of FESTIVAL OF SHORTS #7 along with another Dogville comedy from 1930, HOT DOG. Hope this helps!

Actually, I got my info from the January 2003 issue of NOW PLAYING, which breaks the schedule differently from the website schedule. In NOW PLAYING, the programming day begins and ends at or near 6:00 am, also the same as the Flash 5 website schedule. However, without Flash 5, the website schedule begins and ends at midnight, which probably caused your confusion.

So if you check the Flash 5 website schedule, you'll find Festival of Shorts #7 exactly where I said it would be. But if you use the regular website schedule, you'll find it on January 12 at 5:15 am. And that is the date you should program into your VCR!