Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's official

Now why did you re-edit your original post and get rid of that "make love to his car collection" thing, FBT??? 'Cause I thought that was pretty clever!

(...though you left out his collection of motorcycles, ya know!) ;)

James, when you hit the "edit" function on your post, there's a little box with a check inside it that automatically comes up right below your text which you can then edit. If you click that little box and remove that check mark, then after you edit said text and hit the "submit" button, it will not show that your post has been edited at the bottom after it reappears in the thread.

In fact, you might wish to experiment with this as you go back into some of your postings around here and where you've written the phrase "should OF" instead of the correctly worded "should HAVE".

LOL

(...sorry, I just couldn't resist sayin' that!) ;)

I was afraid of violating forum rules...as far as not leaving an edit trail you just uncheck the edit box and erase the obligatory wording. *uh-humph*...For all I care Leno can spend the rest of his useless life making mad love to his car collection...*in the garage, Jay!* (people don't really need to see that, fella) :^0 :^0 :^0

"Violating forum rules"???

Well, as far as I know, unless you would've stated somethin' like, "Now Jay will have all the time in the world to talk politics and/or religion inside his garage. And speaking of politics and/or religion, here's what I THINK on those two subjects.......", then I can't see where you came close to steppin' on any toes around here, dude!!! ;)

Thanks for the tip. Yes, the "should of" mistake is one I'm really trying to work on but it is an ingrained bad habit I have. So I don't mind being reminded. The only way to break a bad habit is constant reinforcement.

PS: I just edited my initial comment here (I had 'with out' instead of 'without') and I see how easy it is to avoid an edit line. I'm going to leave the edit line on when I add actual content to a post of mine but not when I'm just making corrections.

But on this comment I'm going to leave it in for posterity.

Edited by: jamesjazzguitar on Apr 3, 2013 2:36 PM

Last night on Letterman's show, Regis made an offhanded remark to Dave about Brian Williams secretly wanting to replace Letterman, to which Dave replied that he thought the NBC newsman would actually be very good replacement for him.

If you've ever caught Williams on Dave's show, then you probably know he IS pretty quick with the funny off-the-cuff retorts back to Dave, and often makes it seem as if his "first love" is comedy, not news.

In a double dose of deadly news: *Lorne "Dr. Evil" Michaels* will take over as the producer of The Tonight Show when it moves to NYC and Fallon picks up the torch...only to drop it on his foot and immolate himself while not getting a single laugh in the process.

Seriously: you can start *not laughing* now.