Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hilarious Movie Moments That Get You Every Time

There's no witty dialogue in it, in fact there's no dialogue whatsoever in it, but as many times as I've watched it and thus even already knowing every little movement to come, I'm always doubled over in laughter every single time I watch Groucho and Harpo in the mirror scene of Duck Soup.

(...yep, that's the first thing that came to my mind here)

The faux fire in the fur shop in Make Mine Mink, when Hattie Jacques -- in a blond wig -- shouts Fire! FIRE! And Elspeth Duxbury, wearing a sari, says, "we must save all these fine furs," and, pretending to rescue them, she steals them. One of dozens of hilarious movie moments in that film, that get me every time.

Practically every scene in *Bringing Up Baby* , Practically every scene in *Arsenic and Old Lace* , especially Cary Grant's facial expressions when he's bound in the chair. Already mentioned I love the stateroom scene in *Night at the Opera* , and the Carl LaFong scene and the Mr. Muckle scene in *It's A Gift* . In *Pretty Baby* , when we know that Mr. Belvedere has dumped the oatmeal bowl on the babies head, and when the baby tries to stand on his head.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}The funniest scene in SLIH was the party on the train with Lemmon and all the girls in the small berth. One of Lemmon's most brilliant scenes ever.

Oh yes, I agree. Especially when the girls start tickling Jack, making him pull the emergency break!

> {quote:title=mrroberts wrote:}{quote}The all time funniest tickling scene in movies is Stan Laurel in *Way Out West* . When the woman corners Stan in the bedroom and wrestles away the property deed from Stan .

That scene was a great one... Stan was hysterical (literally)! Another great moment in the annals of tickling in film was in North To Alaska, when Stuart Granger tickles Capucine's feet in order to get her to laugh and make his friend John Wayne jealous. For John, listening to all of her laughter sure does the trick!

Yes! Laurel and Hardy----At the end of *Helpmates* when Ollie tells Stan to make a fire in the fireplace while he goes to pick up his wife from the train station, only to return to find his house completely burned down with Stan holding a garden hose amid the charred ruins---

In *The Music Box* while attempting to clean up while the player piano plays, going back and forth dumping and picking up refuse and only managing to keep moving the SAME trash back and forth!---

In *Be Big* when trying to remove the boot from Ollie's foot, Ollie falls into the tub full of water and emerges with the sweater down to his knees!

In another L&H, which title I forget, they are the owners of a food catering truck. The truck is closed with an "Out to Lunch" sign on the door. When they return and open the door, about 20 cats scatter out from any possible exit!

In another movie, NOT L&H, *His Girl Friday* at one point in the background, there's a reporter who keeps looking out the window of the pressroom as ladies go up the staircase just outside the door. Clearly trying to get a good glimpse up their skirts.

Sepiatone

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}Jimmy Durante kicking a bucket in *Mad, Mad World* never fails to get me to snicker.

That's the very moment that inspired this thread! I was watching that movie with my parents t'other day and 50 years later this movie and that part especially still makes my dad laugh hysterically. I also laugh every time Ethel Merman gets assaulted. So satisfying.

>Practically every scene in Bringing Up Baby , Practically every scene in Arsenic and Old Lace , especially Cary Grant's facial expressions when he's bound in the chair.

Lavender, speaking of Cary's facial expressions...How about that look of astonishment he gets on his face and the way he glides sideways with the elevator door closing the first time he spots his "dead wife" Irene Dunne walking through the hotel lobby while on his honeymoon in My Favorite Wife ?! That one gets me every time too.

*"That's the very moment that inspired this thread! I was watching that movie with my parents t'other day and 50 years later this movie and that part especially still makes my dad laugh hysterically."* - LP

That's so cool.

Let me add -

The first time Billie Dawn (Judy Holliday) opens her mouth in *BornYesterday*. And later on when she exclaims "Schneider!" during the gin game. Both never fail to set me off.

Dargo, I agree. That's an hysterical scene. :^0 Glad you agree with me, his facial expressions are priceless. Cary was brilliant in his comedic scenes in films. Funny story. Just the other day I was talking to a neighbor about some of our NY experiences, meeting celebrities. She told me that many years ago, she had stepped out of a cab, and Cary Grant was standing there. She was speechless. She said he was so gorgeous and after all it was Cary Grant she just couldn't say anything. They just stood there, after about 30 seconds past, he looked at her, smiled and said it was so nice to meet you!!!! He will always be one of my very favorites whether he's in a comedy or drama. :)

I believe that Grant was one of the most gifted actors. His comedy playing in "My Favorite Wife" is brilliant, but you also know throughout, as soon as he sees Irene Dunne again, that he is still deeply in love with her. BTW, if I had met Cary as you did, I probably would have died on the spot, having fulfilled one of my dreams.