Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Was Ben On Last Night?

Hibi

Osborne has hosted the last several Sunday nights.

Maybe the Welsh theme was cobbled together impromptu because someone spilled some Pineapple Shasta on something; Ben was called in to pinch-hit because he's like Dorothy Zbonrnak on a Saturday night (highly available.)

I've been to Wales. *No one* in The Corn is Green sounded even remotely Welsh.

Edited by: AddisonDeWitless on Apr 5, 2013 9:40 AM

I was there on Vacation, yes.

This is my approximation of what Welsh sounds like: "Grrfffyndrre phhlrrgggnffkkjjllk yynnggffppllrrr."

Seriously, they're not big on vowels.

(I exaggerate, of course, but sersely: it was *VERY HARD* to understand the Welsh, very thick accent, very different vocabulary...either that or they like messing with the tourists.)

*"I thought Ben was doing Fri-Sun now?"*

Me too.

But then I realized that RO is co-hosting with Cher every Friday this month so there may be some juggling of nights for Ben going on this month.

At least that is what I am using to explain it.

Well I think you have just explained why no one in The Corn Is Green sounded Welsh.

Doesn't make sense to make a movie where the targeted audiance are Americans if, as you say ' it was *VERY HARD* to understand the Welsh, very thick accent, very different vocabulary'!