Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blackmail-Silent Version?

hoytereden

Sooo disappointed tonight with this. I mean, there are goofs; and then there are GOOFS! This one was the latter. Set my recorder, watched the intro and as soon as the credits rolled...... ?:| Funny thing is; tonight's print was a Studio Canal presentation and I believe that they released a DVD edition a few years back that included both versions. Unfortunately, it was a region 2 DVD and not playable on North America DVD players. Oh we'll, I've waited this long. Come on TCM!!! Make it right! ;)

Commencing next week, at the end of the introduction for Silent Sunday Nights, the camera will pull back to reveal Paul Reubens standing behind Ben’s couch, holding a familiar object. “Hi gang. This is Mr. Remote. And over here, this is Mr. Mute Button. You might need it.”

I have the talking version of BLACKMAIL - I was really looking forward to (finally) viewing the silent version. Ben said it was going to be the silent version in his intro, and after all, it was shown on Silent Sunday nights - what a joke. I feel like TCM (and Ben) need to make amends for this error. Very disappointed.

I'd like to see the silent version, too, but at least after the first muddled moments of sound, it was easy to understand the speakers and follow the dialogue. So it wasn't a total loss, even if it wasn't all that great of a movie.

How many people noticed Hitchcock's typically brief cameo as an annoyed rider on a bus, and also the brief moment towards the end of the movie where the film got reversed, and the cars were shown going down the right side of the street with the shop sign reading backwards?