Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bullets for O'Hara, 1941 or 1936?

FredCDobbs

Did anyone else notice that all the cars in this 1941 movie were made in 1936 or earlier?

Also, a lot of the scenes of the old cars and car chases tended to be grainy and high contrast. Also some of the other scenes too, looked like they were old file films, without the main 1941 actors in the scenes.

This is a remake of Public Enemy's Wife (1936).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028144/?ref_=tt_trv_cnn

So, with all the old cars in the 1941 version, I wonder if these scenes were taken from the original 1936 film and re-used in the 1941 film?

Fred - did not see Bullets for O'Hara but I think it was clever and cheap to use old file films.

PS - I sure could have used you yesterday. I was driving behind a 38 Oldsmobile (?). Not sure about the year and could have used your eye for cars. My brother used to have a 38 Oldsmobile and it looked alot like the car he used to have. He didn't have the Oldsmobile for long and then he found a 51 Catalina that stole his heart. It was a real beauty.

FredCDobbs said...

So, with all the old cars in the 1941 version, I wonder if these scenes were taken from the original 1936 film and re-used in the 1941 film?

=============================

The review in Leonard Maltin's "Classic Movie Guide" says the movie did recycle footage from the 1936 version.