Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Annette Funicello

sfpcc1

So THAT'S who they were talking about on the radio last night! Couldn't hear clearly because the car behind me thought I wanted to hear his "rap" crap as much as he did!

Bummer. Ms. Funicello probably kicked more young men's hormones into high gear than anyone else. This is not being disrespectful. Seeing her over the years on some talk shows and reading interviews, she seemed to be very grounded and likeable, with absolutely NO sense of ego.

Rest in peace, Annette. You've earned it.

Sepiatone

>Just read that Margaret Thatcher passed, too. (Not that that has anything to do with AF.)

Yep, the Iron Lady never came close to lookin' as hot in a one-piece bathing suit as Annette did, alright! ;)

And yet another little bit of our collective childhood passes.

(...RIP Annette)

Well Lana Turner really inspired that phase and it lead to a restriction on wearing sweaters in movies. For the movie 'In This Our Life' the studio had some very tight sweaters ready for Bette Davis but couldn't use them.

> And yet another little bit of our collective childhood passes.

I was born in 1972. Annette Funicello was not part of my childhood. This is not to say anything bad about her work, of course.

(I know we also have posters older than Annette, so she wasn't part of their childhood either.)

Cary Grant wasn't part of my childhood, and I was quite upset when he died.

Annette was part of my childhood and she suffered mightily.

Sadly, there is still no cure for the disease that killed her.

I wish her peace, wherever she has gone.

Annette and the Mickey Mouse Club were part of my childhood. Annette was adored by young girls. On

the Mickey Mouse Club, Annette starred in her own serial and was in Spin and Marty, another serial that was part of the show. Anyone who owned a TV and was a kid in the 50's watched the show. RIP, Ms. Funicello.

Yes, and the AIP beach films later. I saw their Back to the Beach reunion film years later. I think it was shortly after that they announced she had MS. Sad. :(

Well TCM did have a beach blanket film week last year. I'm not a fan of those movies. Hey, when I was a young teen they were OK (and for reasons already hinted at here), but now the movies are just corny and generally not very funny.

Archived