Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hear Richard sing! You'll love it!

Dothery

Richard Troxell sang the Star Spangled Banner at the Orioles game Sunday, and God Bless America as well.

Check him out ... a glorious voice on a glorious day! Go to the Videos section of his web site.

www.richardtroxell.tv

Richard Troxell is an international opera star, and also a movie actor/singer. He made the definitive movie of "Madame Butterfly," a Siskel and Ebert favorite, and one of "Cyrano de Bergerac." His voice is incredible and he himself is a charismatic and genuinely nice guy. I've seen him nine times in various operas and he never fails to bring the house down. Everyone who works with him or even meets him loves him. And yes, I'm a groupie ...

Thanks for the link here, Dothery. Yep, after watching and listening to him sing the National Anthem and God Bless America, I gotta say Richard has a great voice, alright!

(...and thankfully didn't resort to all that coloratura nonsense in order to "prove" what a great voice he has, which unfortunately seems the norm now days with people asked to sing these songs at sporting events)

Was Troxell in classic films? (LOL)

Feelings differ about what's classic ... his "Madame Butterfly" is truly considered a classic among those who have seen it. His "Cyrano" is great as well, but it's not as well known.

I think he's a classic in himself, but then I'm his buddy!

He doesn't need to prove anything where his voice is concerned. Like all of show business, however, the breaks are what make you. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't get the opportunities, it's a hard road. He has to work hard to put himself out there.

Actually the baseball thing comes naturally to him. Everywhere he goes he gets involved with it. The Orioles are his own team because he's from Thurmont, Maryland.

Luckily Richard is not only a wonderful singer, but he's very likeable and very strong physically, which you have to be to endure the constant travel and the crazy hours. He and his wife have two teenaged boys, who go everywhere with them. One of them is named Wilder Troxell, who is about 17, I guess, and who does really riotous videos on his own. This one is cute, about what to do when the world ends.

Meet Wilder: