Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RMeingast

Anybody Drink Drew's During "The Essentials"?

News item recently about Drew Barrymore making her own giggle juice:

http://metronews.ca/scene/617087/drew-barrymore-on-creating-her-own-wine-brand/

Don't know if she stomps the grapes herself or not...

More information about the stuff here: http://www.barrymorewines.com/

Anybody on the message board tried it, yet?

Anybody drink Drew's during "The Essentials"???

Just glad her Winery isn't here in Niagara-on-the-Lake....we already have one celebrity to deal with...besides, we have enough wineries...

Twink

It's tough enough listening to Drew's whine.

You needn't worry. We can't get her vino here in Ontario...

LCBO doesn't stock it...

Americans can buy it for about $18.00 a bottle...

> {quote:title=clore wrote:}{quote}It's tough enough listening to Drew's whine.

Do drink Drew's dew during "The Essentials."

Her wine may help YOU deal with her whine.

If you drew Drew's dew as Drew would do, would you goo as Drew would goo after you drew Drew's dew?

Sepiatonetwister

LOL

Don't look now Sepia, but the ghost of Donald O'Connor was standing behind you and making mocking faces as you recited that!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo_IhgTiX-ZbbLHuu3YQx

I dunno. I'm just wonderin'. According to NNDB, Drew has a few demons (e.g., alcoholism). What could possibly inspire her to create her own wine brand?

> {quote:title=dpompper wrote:}{quote}

> What could possibly inspire her to create her own wine brand?

Actually, the people in her neighborhood suggested it to her.

Seems they were tired of having to buy new mailboxes and have body work done on their cars all the time.

I dunno, dpompper, my sister-in-law is diabetic, and makes the best pastries you ever ate!

SHE never eats them, however...

Sepiatone

I can't stand the woman... something about her that has always had me avoiding her. Therefore I do not watch The Essentials, or try to tune in a bit late so I can safely miss her.

Sadly now I have to do the same thing on Fridays to avoid Cher.

> {quote:title=dpompper wrote:}{quote}

> I dunno. I'm just wonderin'. According to NNDB, Drew has a few demons (e.g., alcoholism). What could possibly inspire her to create her own wine brand?

Well, obviously we're having a bit of fun with this.

Being more serious about it, I guess it's a business decision for her. As well as something she says she is interested in outside of the movie business:

http://www.mnn.com/food/beverages/blogs/drew-barrymores-wine-venture-strikes-gold

And her giggle juice did win a top award in competition in France, as the above article refers to...

As for alcoholism? Personally, I don't touch the stuff - wine, beer, or hard liquor.

But everybody's different. Whatever works for you.

And interestingly, I think there are Hollywood films where an alcoholic is shown drinking beer, with the idea being that drinking beer, I guess, is not as bad as drinking the hard stuff.

Guess I'm thinking of Dean Martin's character in "Rio Bravo," for example.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}Surely you don't find Cher as objectionable as Drew.

Finance, I like Drew AND Cher... :)

I mean, really, is there anybody who could host or co-host on TCM that somebody wouldn't complain about?

JC could co-host with RO and somebody would complain...

"Jesus!! What's up with Jesus choosing "Clash of the Titans" as an essential??"

(Yes, I know I'm going to H for this. :( )

Anyway, Facebook feed today from La Cinémathèque québécoise about their

film essentials series titled "Les Essentiels."

You can see some of the films they regard as "les grands classiques du 7e art" here:

http://www.cinematheque.qc.ca/fr/programmation/projections/cycle/les-essentiels

"Les grands classiques du 7e art" means "the great classics of the 7th art."

The 7th art is the term the French use to refer to cinema:

http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/premier_art

The series continues until December 2014 so more films will be added as time progresses...

And CQ choices aren't limited to older movies but include more recent ones as well...

Just FYI and to show what others regard as essentials...

Why do we need any celebrity telling us what they think of a movie? I dont need their validation.......I know it's a ratings thing, but I could care less.......(I guess I should say I couldnt care less, before someone corrects me, but I prefer the other version)....

Edited by: Hibi on Apr 12, 2013 11:58 AM

DANG, Hibi! you beat me and finance to the punch!

I suppose this means you prefer eating "sherbert", too?

Sepiatone

Edited by: Sepiatone on Apr 12, 2013 1:13 PM

Yep, I've always thought that instead of these "names" telling us how they "feel" about the movies that are shown on these sorts of "special programmings", I would rather see Bob sit across from somebody around HERE(i.e., a frequent contributor to these very boards) and one who REALLY knows the ends and outs of these classic films and who could INTELLIGENTLY discuss them with Mr.Osborne.

Aaah, but then again of course, the vast viewing public wouldn't know our own FredCDobbs, TopBilled, TomH, Dothery, SansFin, and a whole host of OTHERS around here who's names don't immediately spring to my mind, from Adam's Off Ox, and thus of course this'll never happen. Yep, people wanna see those "stars" no matter HOW much they might be out of their element, huh!

(...btw...thank you Sheldon Leonard wherever you are for that "Adam's Off Ox" line)

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}Why do we need any celebrity telling us what they think of a movie? I dont need their validation.......I know it's a ratings thing,

Well, I suppose TCM could change it up by having some different co-hosts on "The Essentials"...

For example, historical celebrities like Joan of Arc, Caligula, St. Francis of Assisi, or Genghis Khan could have a shot at co-hosting with RO...

Or famous monsters like Frankenstein or King Kong could share their favourite movies...

You know what I mean...

I hear Grogan is available:

P.S. In the old SCTV skit above, Grogan is played by the late John Candy and the Japanese TV interviewer is Dave Thomas...

Just something silly...

No, Cher doesn't bug me anywhere near as much as Drew (Rose McGowan came close though). But rather than B list celebrities I'd much rather see surviving classic actors or film historians or film critics or anyone who really knows and loves this stuff... those two women from the Silent Sunday promos... someone who doesn't seem likely to name Casablanca as their favorite example of Film Noir.

Still, TCM is great and we're lucky to have it. If it helps with ratings then I'll gladly dodge around that nonsense with only a small bit of grumbling.

Aaah, but the fast viewing public wouldn't know our own....you forgot to add your name to that list Dargo! ;)

Twink