Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World War II; three interconnected stories

Help wanted! I'm trying to find the name of a post-WWII movie about several people in two or three storylines. The storyline I remember most was about a man coming home from the war with no arms, and a young woman convincing him she wanted to marry him anyway. I don't really remember the other stories. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I'd do a search on the movies, but I don't know what year it was made or what actors were in it.

Thanks very much,

Amanda

That's The Best Years of Our Lives (1946), Amanda. It stars Fredric March, Myrna Loy, Dana Andrews, Teresa Wright, and (as the couple you mention in your inquiry) Wilma Cameron and real-life amputee Harold Russell, who won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. He also won a special Oscar for being an inspiration to all vets.

Amanda,

That film also starred Virginia Mayo as Dana Andrews party-going wife and was one of her best roles.

She really should have been nominated for an Oscar as best Supporting Actress of 1946, but was considered just a glamour girl in those days. Unjust......

Miss Mayo died just a few months ago and is one of the few stars to have been married to just one man, Michael O'Shea.

Larry

This classic movie is one of my all time favorites.

I usually watch it once a month.

The cast is topnotch.

I love the scene when Frederick March gives his sppeech at the bank employees dinner while his he is somewhat inebriated.

Charlie