Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I am a tad disappointed whenever TCM runs one of their frequent pet movies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. While the cut they show does have Dreyfuss' hilariously nutso landscaping routine later on when Neary's driving to devll's tower wyoming and he gets to the military checkpoint slash train depot the scene with the guy and his dog seems to be missing. You know, the fella who's peddling gas masks and he says something like *"You're going to be mighty sorry and disappointed if you don't have one of these early warning gas masks. Why even my dog has a gas mask and any one of you is worth more than a dog"*. That guy with his dog wearing a gas mask always cracks me up. Well, that scene seems to be missing from the cut TCM has been showing recently. You got the Dreyfuss nutso landscape routine but it just ain't the same without the good ol' boy and his gas masked dog scene. CE3K posted on youtube has all of it.

Yeah, these days all my favorite moments from Close Encounters are the non-FX scenes with people interacting amidst the chaos. I was very disappointed when the 'Special Edition' or whatever it was called came out with extra hoopla at the end of the film (unnecessary and anti-climactic) but cut the Dreyfuss nutso scenes and various other bits.