Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Listed Short Unaired Today

FredMertz

According to the weekly schedule, the Leon Errol short "A Panic in the Parlor" was supposed to air today from 5:40-6:00am Eastern. I just checked my DVR, and all I saw was the last several minutes of "The Last Dragon", a promo for "The Essentials" and some previews. What happened to Leon Errol?

• 2 weeks later...

It would appear that Leon got kicked in the head by a dragon. The Last Dragon was listed on the TCM schedule with a running time of 90 minutes, which would have left 30 minutes to fill, leaving plenty of room for Leon. According to IMDb, The Last Dragon is 109 minutes long, so reality left no room for Leon. It appears that TCM revised their monthly schedule after the fact, showing a run time of 108 minutes, and the unseen Panic in the Parlor is still listed to start at 5:40, eight minutes after the earliest possible end time for The Last Dragon.

For the longest time, I had chosen to believe that the reason shorts only appear on the schedule three days in advance was because by that time TCM had all features to be broadcast in hand, and they knew the actual running times. Serves me right for thinking in the general direction of the TCM schedule. I will try not to do that again.