Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miranda

Janet0312

As I said to mark:

British?

Black and white?

1948?

Mermaid's tail by Dunlop.................as in the tire company?

I'm lovin' it already!

Rock on, mark.

Very interesting little movie. So very liberated, at a time when the U.S. movies were buttoned up tighter than a maiden's corset.

Wowz, what an ending, I did not see that coming. Then again, I didn't see Bill Powell's crotch shot coming either in Lawyer Man, aren't these old classic movies a treat and a half?

I agree, I think the doc was the father. Miranda was ahead of her time, a feminist sussing out the gene pool to get the best donor for her water baby. Mr. Peabody was vanilla ice cream, melted, compared to this firecracker.

Gotta hand it to TCM on this one.

mark, I hope you caught this one, it was outta sight!

Janet0312 said...

Very strange flick. They even gave credit to the creator of the mermaid's tail in the opening credits.

==============================

Yeah, how do you like that! - Giving such a spoiler right at the start of the movie! Telling us the tail wasn't real! I'd have thought she was a real mermaid!

About 2/3 of the way through the movie, she said that mermen were very ugly and the race was nearly dying out. So, with that point being made, the film suggests one of the humans was the baby's father.

Were there any blonde men in the movie? The baby was very blonde.

she said that mermen were very ugly and the race was nearly dying out.

Hah, so I guess mermaids don't ascribe to the 'beauty is only skin deep' philosophy.

Good thing Victor MacLaglen wasn't one of the guys.

Meanwhile, I thought all the men in the movie were as interesting as Marmite.

Were there any blonde men in the movie?

Not sure now. Maybe it was the milkman? The sequel should be interesting.

Did you catch Stringer Davis? I didn't. Did Margaret go anywhere without him?

I watched this for the first time about a year ago. I'd ordered "My Cousin Rachel" from someone who'd made a bootleg. S/he threw in some extra bootlegs (I think) because the quality was so bad.

I remember thinking: "I've seen that actress (Glynis Johns) somewhere before . . ." Then I got it. She played the grandmother in "While You Were Sleeping." Even though she had aged a lot, her charm is timeless. For the life of me, I cannot remember the end of "Miranda" -- probably because it was late and I fell asleep (typical for me). I'm inspired now to check it out again.