Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for title?

beef4

I've been trying to find the title of a movie I saw on TV about 45 (+/-) ago. It is a British film about a group of music students in a college or conservatory set in the 1930's or '40's. The plot concerned a competition they were in. There were several aspects to the contest, including composing, performing, and conducting. One scene I recall was a student conducting 'Scheherazade' by Rimsky-Korsakov (the male lead, I think).

I'd appreciate any information … thanks in advance.

beef4

Edited by: beef4 on Apr 14, 2013 10:46 AM

Edited by: beef4 on Apr 14, 2013 10:48 AM

I"m sorry I don't have a title for you, but I do recall finding a clip on Youtube of a film with this plot. What I remember is that the movie is in color, and was made sometime in the 1950's or very early 1960's, so the story takes place during that time, not 1930s-40s. It was definelty about a conducting/ musical competition, and I thought it had some recognizeable actors from that time like Kenneth Moore or John Gregson, but I've looked through their IMDb listings and couldn't find anything.

You might try asking here on the Britmovie site:

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forums/