Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Innocent Sinners and Reefer Madness won't fit into their time slots

TCM scheduling looks like wishful thinking. Here are two upcoming examples:

On Thursday afternoon Innocent Sinners is listed at 95 minutes scheduled into a 90 minute programming block.

On Friday morning Reefer Madness is listed at 65 minutes scheduled into a 60 minute programming block.

Perhaps TCM will correct the timings or the scheduling before running these movies.

Or, TCM might just leave viewers to guess how to set the time-shifting devices.

> {quote:title=talkietime wrote:}{quote}TCM scheduling looks like wishful thinking. Here are two upcoming examples:

>

> On Thursday afternoon Innocent Sinners is listed at 95 minutes scheduled into a 90 minute programming block.

>

>

> On Friday morning Reefer Madness is listed at 65 minutes scheduled into a 60 minute programming block.

>

>

> Perhaps TCM will correct the timings or the scheduling before running these movies.

>

>

> Or, TCM might just leave viewers to guess how to set the time-shifting devices.

>

It's possible that the version of Reefer Madness that's being shown on Friday is the shorter version (something like 55 minutes) that was distributed by NORML in 1971-72, just before New Line Cinema started distributing the original uncut version of 67 minutes at about the same time. Reefer Madness has always been in the public domain, and for a brief while in late 1971 and early 1972 my old GF and I were showing the 67 minute version on college campuses in the Mid-Atlantic region, with a 16mm print made for us for $300 by the Library of Congress. At a buck a head, we made our money back with the first show of the first evening on the first campus. And maybe I'm prejudiced, or just corrupted by the money we made, but I still think that Reefer Madness is the greatest unintentional comedy ever made, with the possible exception of My Dinner With Andre.

You MEANT to say you were showing the "real" version, didn't you? ;)

Like those college kids, I, too, first saw *Reefer Madness* while in the grips of said madness. But have seen it several times since. Even still have the old VHS around here. Cracks me up everytime I see it. Funniest unintentional comedy? You BETCHA!

But the message was spot on. Smoking that evil stuff can lead to tragedy. Look what happened to that one poor guy in the film...reduced to "starring" in all those "Pete Smith" shorts!

Awful. Just AWFUL. :_|

Sepiatone

Even as I type this post TCM's online schudule for Innocent Sinners is wrong. TCM has this 95 minute long movie on the schedule at 2:00-3:30 p.m. local time whereas Comcast has it at 1:45-3:30 p.m. local time.

It's time for TCM to post corrected schedules online as well as with cable companies.