Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Stark Love" 1927 Silent by Karl Brown New Release?

Organpiper

I added Mighty Wurlitzer theatre organ soundtrack to Stark Love in a premier showing @ Paramount Center of Bristol, Tn in Nov 2009. It was to be later shown, I'm told, in "split screen format with organ left & film right by TCM, by those who filmed with several prof cameras positioned "everywhere". I was told by many connections this was shown two weeks ago, yet have found nothing to indicate it was shown, is available, or that the "re-filming with organ accomp. exists". Has anyone seen this or know of a new DVD? (Rex Ward, House Organist, Paramount Center, Bristol, Tn) It was not listed in TCM's viewings past or present. Thanks

Oranpiper,

Maybe it was shown on one of the foreign TCM's? For instance, SO THIS IS PARIS was shown on TCM France in the fall of 2010, it still has not been broadcast here. THE BLACKBIRD presentation was produced in 2005, but did not run in America until October of 2008. Largely because they produced the edition, and literally forgot to air it with other projects going on.

It would be great to see STARK LOVE on TCM. Contact TCM Programmer Chuck Tabesh to see if he can tell you what happened to this recording? Paramount does not own the copyright to STARK LOVE anymore. There were some hints that a documentary about STARK LOVE might air on TCM, one would think with the movie itself, but that was sometime ago already. I had nearly forgotten about it. I do know that a documentary was produced by someone.

I would also suggest that you bring this up on Nitrateville.com. Maybe someone there will be able to help? Irronically, it was THE BLACKBIRD that aired on TCM roughly two weeks ago, not STARK LOVE. Part of the Lon Chaney Birthday Tribute.

• 1 month later...