Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

WHAT WAS THE MOST PERFECT ENDING IN MOVIES?

> No such thing as 'most perfect.'

I think maybe Jake disagrees. By now he's probably posted hundreds that he thinks are the most perfect.

I can get the impossible task of choosing "most perfect" right, Jakeholman? (lol) so many immediately come to mind, so I tried to think of the ones that really stir up the emotions, even if obvious:

Of course "Casablanca". And then there's "An Affair to Remember"

I always feel thrilled by the ending of "Picnic" - that train and that bus heading in the same direction.

More recently the simplicitly of the ending of "As Good as it Gets" yet so understated in its romanticism.

Not so thrilling emotionally, yet perfect, I think, is the ambiguity of the final shot of "The Birds" beautiful sky, the cast gets away, yet the birds are clearly there and not going anywhere soon. Pessimistic or optimistic? Wide open to interpretation like much great portry.

A perfect -dark! - ending ... Joel Grey's final "Good night" in "Cabaret" revealing his swastika armband firmly in place.

Ok - now I want to start adding about 100 more - somebody stop me!

*LAND OF THE PHAROAHS.*

Has justice ever been served more fittingly than as Melifa watches the bolders seal her tomb, realizes she'll never have the gold or power she killed so many to get and sheaking "I don't want to die?"

LAND OF THE PHAROAHS.

Has justice ever been served more fittingly than as Melifa watches the bolders seal her tomb, realizes she'll never have the gold or power she killed so many to get and sheaking "I don't want to die?

Jake in the Heartland

• Like 1

classiccinemafan wrote:

<< The Bad Seed had the perfect ending. >>

Which one, Patty getting vaporized by Gods intervention or the slightly alternative ending in how one deals with a spoiled brat?

the-bad-seed-getting-spanking.jpg

"Pandorum" (2009)

Final scene, they discovered the ship has arrived on Tanis but underwater. Hull breach, mutant cannibals drown, life pods deployed and at the vantage point in space it reads *Tanis - Year 1 - Population of 1,213.*

>I had forgotten about the ending of "The Bishop's Wife". That was a perfect ending Jake in the Heartland.

Thank Ya

Jake in the Heartland

At least one of them has to be the "I'll be There" speech given by Tom Joad (Henry Fonda) at the end of The Grapes of Wrath. The speech actually isn't the book but it's a perfect ending because the book goes pointlessly on for 3 more chapters after he leaves. It's probably one of the finest novel to screen play works ever done. Even Steinbeck liked it.