Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

WHAT WAS THE MOST PERFECT ENDING IN MOVIES?

*Braveheart*

William Wallace: Now tell me, what does that mean to be noble? Your title gives you claim to the throne of our country, but men don't follow titles, they follow courage. Now, our people know you. Noble and common, they respect you. And if you would just lead them to freedom they'd follow you. And so would I.

Jake in the Heartland

"Star Wars - Episode VI Return of The Jedi"

hamradio, a lot of Star Wars fans have been critical of George Lucas's updates to the original STAR WARS trilogy movies, but I like that he added the scenes showing other worlds celebrating the fall of the Emperor. I think this is a better ending than the original version just showing the Ewok celebration (which Harrison Ford had called a Teddy Bear picnic). I also like that Hayden Christensen was added at the end as Anakin's spirit, joining the spirits of Yoda and Obi-Wan. I know many fans disliked this, but I think it's more effective than the original version with Anakin's spirit depicted as an older man.

HoldenIsHere wrote:

<< I also like that Hayden Christensen was added at the end as Anakin's spirit, joining the spirits of Yoda and Obi-Wan. I know many fans disliked this, but I think it's more effective than the original version with Anakin's spirit depicted as an older man. >>

I wondered why would his spirit be of a younger Anakin since he was much older when he died. The spirit in the original release was the same (during the unmasking) but without the scarring and trauma he suffered on Mustafar. Strange that Obi-Wan Kenobi stayed the same?

darth_luke_bg.jpg

20090202224934sebastian_shaw_as_anakin_s

Edited by: hamradio on Jan 24, 2014 9:26 PM

I wondered why would his spirit be of a younger Anakin since he was much older when he died. The spirit in the original release was the same (during the unmasking) but without the scarring and trauma he suffered on Mustafar. Strange that Obi-Wan Kenobi stayed the same?

I think Lucas's reasoning for making the change was that Anakin Skywalker's spirit should appear as that of his younger self, prior to his fall to the dark side of the Force. Ob-Wan and Yoda remained in the light side into their later years so their spirits (Force ghosts) reflect their older selves.Ulimately Lucas added Hayden Christensen to tie the original trilogy to the prequels. He has stated that all the changes he made to the original movies reflect his artistic vision of the saga.

Sebastian Shaw, who played Anakin's spirit in the original RETURN OF THE JEDI release, actually looks too old if Anakin's spirit were to reflect his chronological age (sans scarring) at the time of his death. Anakin would be in his 40s, but Sebastian Shaw was in his 70s when he appeared in RETURN OF THE JEDI and is actually 9 years older than Alec Guiness (who appears as Obi-Wan Kenobi) .

I just seen "Drive Angry" (2011) with Nicolas Cage and the ending was a bit humorous...returning to Hell in a black 1957 Chevrolet

i345177.jpg