Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

WHAT WAS THE MOST PERFECT ENDING IN MOVIES?

P

"Predators" (2010)  letting everyone know there may be a sequel. 

Still waiting....if there's none then guess it won't be perfect. :huh:

hqdefault.jpg

The end of "Now Voyager," after Paul Henreid lights both cigarettes and then gives one to Bette Davis, in the sexiest, nonsexual move of all time, and then Bette says "Oh Jerry, why ask for the moon, we have the stars."

I just watched it, I haven't quite recovered.

• Like 2

I don't know about "perfect" but the last ten minutes of Last of the Mohicans always blows me away.  There's no dialogue, just the action and that incredible score; it's not needed.  This is one movie I never tire of.     

Not the best movie (rather boring) but "Interstellar" has an ending that most parents only WISH...see their child live to old age.Lawn.gif

334kh77.jpg

The end of "Now Voyager," after Paul Henreid lights both cigarettes and then gives one to Bette Davis, in the sexiest, nonsexual move of all time, and then Bette says "Oh Jerry, why ask for the moon, we have the stars."

I just watched it, I haven't quite recovered.

That Now Voyager ending is one great ending but for Bette Davis films I might pick Dark Victory instead.    Of course that is a very sad ending but the impact of it is very strong.   Kleenex sales went up 200%!

• Like 1

For me, it is the ending in "Vertigo".

Though probably the most depressing ending in film history, being that it appears that Scotty has managed to twice cause the death of the woman he loves, the ending creates a cyclical effect on the viewer making one want to start the film over while hoping that this time things will turn out differently.

• Like 2

For over a thousand years, Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of a triumph - a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeters and musicians and strange animals from the conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conqueror rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children, robed in white, stood with him in the chariot, or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror, holding a golden crown, and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.
  • Like 2

I vote for Joe E. Brown's comment to Jack Lemmon in SLIH.

It makes me laugh every time, even though I know it's coming.

I vote for Joe E. Brown's comment to Jack Lemmon in SLIH.

It makes me laugh every time, even though I know it's coming.

I found it quite shocking.

I think even gasped aloud.

so many great choices have been named. I agree with many who said that this is a  very subjective topic. the ones that come quickest to mind for me : 

Casablanca

Sunset Boulevard

The Birds

Bridge on the River Kwai

Some Like it Hot and , of course,

The Philadelphia Story

Surely not the most "perfect" ending, but one I thought was cool first time I saw it was how the movie PANIC IN YEAR ZERO ('62).

Those familiar know it to be the adventures of a family, while driving towarrds a vacation destination, see a bright light flash behind them and looking in the rear view mirror of the car, and out the back window notice mushroom clouds rising up over LA, and realize WWIII has begun.   And the movie centers on how they manage to survive. When it becomes apparent the hostilities have ceased, they drive off to see what they can salvage from their lives and instead of the movie ending with the typical "The End" , the screen fills with the words "The Beginning".

It's quaint by now-a-day's standards, full of anachronistic occurances and unlikely scenarios, but I still get a kick out of watching it for old times sake. 

Sepiatone

solved.

here it is!... :)

Nip, I love that scene where Ethan is framed by the doorway, just like a picture frame.

It truly is the perfect ending!

This topic reminds me of my mother's comment about the movie PLACES IN THE HEART which starred Sally Field.

She loved the movie, but said the ending ruined it. 

I guess she didn't like the supernatural element being introduced.