Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cinema's Most Gorgeous Star

LonesomePolecat

It's a tossup between the pre-code Loretta Young in A Man's Castle and Louise Brooks in Pandora's Box, but with the 60-year old Lilli Palmer in Murders in the Rue Morgue giving both of them a *very* strong run for their money.

13361-13186.gif

La Bardot in the 1950s and 1960s was unbeatable! Who else could have popularized the bikini as well as she did?

If I had to choose a male, it would be Robert Redford. Anybody notice that he (see the cover story in April's Esquire magazine) and his films are all over the place these days?

Edited by: jakeem on Apr 20, 2013 9:06 PM

On the gorgeousness of Redford, I must admit that I can't imagine a better Gatsby (although Mia Farrow was a disappointing Daisy). I don't know whether I'm looking forward to the new version with Leonard DiCaprio. Redford had this air of reserved mystery. Also, no one else could wear those period clothes more beautifully.

It's hard to believe he's 76 -- he does look weathered, but since I'm not past the half-century mark myself, I would still "let him put his shoes under my bed."

Edited by: rosebette on Apr 21, 2013 12:25 PM

When my dad was a young man, he resembled Newman quite a bit. My girlfriends were madly in love with my dad. My dad was a very handsome man. Even as he aged, my dad was handsome. I Miss him terribly, he was as sweet and kind as he was handsome.

Sepia, I listed Burt, Tyrone, Cary and Clint., before the comment on my dad. Were you correcting me for posting in this thread, or saying that my post about my dad would be a good post in the other thread?

You seem to a have a follow up correction to my posts lately, is there a problem?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Apr 21, 2013 1:31 PM

There is no definative answer, of course, so I'll just throw in a few faces that have yet to be mentioned:

Simone Simon

Simon%2520Simon%25207.jpg

Danielle Darrieux

Danielle%2520Darrieux.jpg

Sylvia Sidney

Sylvia%2520Sidney%25208.jpg

Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.

douglas-fairbanks-jr-324438l.jpg

Ronald Colman

Ronald_Colman_the_night_of_love_general.

Can you tell I enjoy watching The Prisoner of Zenda? :)

And, what the hell, while I'm at it:

bull-clarence-sinclair-myrna-loy-decembe

Just saw *The Great Escape* last night -yeah, I know TCM shows it all the time, it must be on that "most frequently aired" list" people complain about. But despite its many appearances, for some reason I've always missed it, and havent' seen it from beginning to end in years.

Anyway, it was on last night (on a Canadian channel, TVO), and I decided while watching it that STEVE McQUEEN has to be one of filmdom's most sexy stars. Not sure if "gorgeous" is quite the word for him.

But he is great-looking, in his Steve McQueen-ish way, as well as very cool. Which almost always equates with sexy.

Take a look:

ator-de-hollywood-steve-mcqueen-12.jpg

Edited by: misswonderly on Apr 21, 2013 6:29 PM

(the first pic I tried to post was humouongous, had to edit it out and pick another one.)