Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7 Women

Just got thru watching 7 Women and what a hoot. Not sure if I should exclaim that's entertainment though :D Soon as those fun-loving mongols ride into the mission I said the party boys are here! Despite the brutality of the bandits there is amusement to be found in spots. 2 scenes that crack me up a bit is when the virile Tunga Khan played most ably by Mike Mazurki decides to wrestle 2nd top dog Woody Strode and pulls off his shirt and tosses it at Anne Bancroft. She probably must've thought the great Tunga Khan could use a little Right Guard maybe. :^0 Then later dressed in her kimono she pours him a poison micky and utters a heartfelt *"Solong ya bastard!"* :^0 :^0 :^0

Sadly or not, depending on your thoughts on the film, this was Ford's swansong film. Ford had considered Kate Hepburn and Jennifer Jones for the lead, but Hepburn said no and he cast Patricia Neal. But a few days in to the shoot, Miss Neal suffered a stroke and enter Anne Bancroft. Ford and her did not get along and the film suffered. Quite a few critics loved it, but it more or less died at the box office.