Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

International thriller, can't remember title

prc1966

About 30-32 years ago, I saw the first part of wha looked to be a pretty good movie about international intrigue, spies or smuggling or something like that. The movie itself was from early to mid-70's, with main characters being te crew of a747 airliner, getting involved in some sort of international incident. The opening scene, they were landing in Beirut and each crew members aving some soprt of liaison with a woman or some other srt of recreation planned. I never did get to see more than just the opening segment, since it was a late night screening on either WTBS or WGN. The film was apparently shot partly on location in Beirut and would have been filmed before the civil war started there in the spring of 1975.Does this movie stike a bell with anyone? For some reason, I had thought Mickey Rooney played the plane's radio operator or navigator, but I can't find anything under his listing on IMDB, so I must be thinking of another actor.

Ah, never mind! I was simply nto looking far enough back in the timeline. The movie was 1965's Twenty Four Hours to Kill, and it was indeed Mickey Rooney. It was just filmed 7 or 8 years earlier than I had thought.