Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

• 2 weeks later...

The Mocambo nightclub in Hollywood used to have a Charleston contest on Monday nights. How would you like to compete against these two contestants?

tumblr_mq1ev0SOz11rrrbhuo5_500.jpg  

Ann-and-Ginger-pals-forever.jpg  

Yes, it's Ginger Rogers and Ann Miller, who danced together in "Stage Door" some years earlier.

Here is the second string dance team.

BuKn4GCWkKGrHqEOKicEvMi8HVgBLMMu-1.jpg  

Those are good friends Judy Garland and Lucille Ball giving it a go.  These photos are from May of 1950.  The woman seated in the background is, I believe, Maria Montez.  Judy and Lucy had been friends for many years.  Here is Lucy helping Judy's daughter Liza with her hair.

e0aa0d5b5679dd546c65d29ac17e5cf7.jpg

And years later here is Liza planting one on the lips of Lucy's son, Desi Arnaz Jr.

09b735deb93f1952cf400562ad01b420.jpg

Judging by his eyes, I think she took him by surprise.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had no idea that Lake was that short.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I wonder if Lake was not wearing high-heals to accentuate the difference in height.

That may well be the case. Ms. Lake is only 6" shorter, but this looks more like 8" here.

• 2 weeks later...

Contributed by reader Bobby Mort

Today we’re going to look at some tests with the Thing himself, Mr. James Arness partially in costume, but without any make-up. I love how these photos illustrate just how much of a giant Arness was in his time.

ehb0wx.jpg

2ytxpup.jpg

2by8et.jpg

• Like 1

Contributed by reader Bobby Mort

Today we’re going to look at some tests with the Thing himself, Mr. James Arness partially in costume, but without any make-up. I love how these photos illustrate just how much of a giant Arness was in his time.
ehb0wx.jpg

One thing always puzzles me about the black and white films regardless if its theatrical or television. Why bother with the makeup, just use suntan lotion?  Did they saw the future of colorization?  :unsure:

Both Arness and  Fred Gwynne is green. 

tve7174-19650408-238.jpg

Here is another photo of James Arness with "The Thing" makeup.  I thinks that's Little Green Sprout behind him.

jamesArnessTheThing.jpg