Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Celebrating Dean Martin's birthday on the set of All In A Night's Work, June 1960:  L-R Hal Wallis, DM, Shirley Maclaine, Elvis Presley (visiting from another Hal Wallis production shooting on the Paramount lot, G.I. Blues).

gMCj5BW.jpg

Dino is holding one of his birthday presents, an 8x10 glossy of Jerry Lewis.

• Like 1

Celebrating Dean Martin's birthday on the set of All In A Night's Work, June 1960:  L-R Hal Wallis, DM, Shirley Maclaine, Elvis Presley (visiting from another Hal Wallis production shooting on the Paramount lot, G.I. Blues).

gMCj5BW.jpg

Dino is holding one of his birthday presents, an 8x10 glossy of Jerry Lewis.

Better than having Jerry pop out of his birthday cake.

• Like 1

Director Michael Reeves (1943-1969), with Vincent Price on the set of Witchfinder General.

YaOrwXL.jpg

Price initially resisted Reeves' direction, finally losing his patience and demanding, "Young man, I have made eighty-four films. What have you done?"

Reeves replied, "I've made three good ones".

We've all seen the cigarette ads with John Wayne and other stars, but this may take the cake:

sg98JHG.jpg

From The Cigarette Book: The History and Culture Of Smoking by  Chris Harrald & Fletcher Watkins:

he concluded a useful deal which gave him a new source of income: from Olivier cigarettes. These were to be produced by Gallaher, the makers of Benson & Hedges. After a tour of the factory, and a satisfactory sampling of a cigarette, Olivier agreed the gold-edged royal-blue packet bearing his silhouette. The deal was twopence for every thousand cigarettes sold. He was given a £2,000 advance against the first year’s royalties – money for old smoke. He also received 500 packs of 20 every week, for his own use and to distribute to friends – a handsome 10,000 cigarettes a week.In 1956, Benson & Hedges sold 415,865,980 Olivier brand cigarettes, earning Olivier £3,465.

Olivier was loyal to his own brand. Ian McKellen remembers starting work at the National Theatre Company founded by Olivier and finding that ‘there was a cigarette machine only ever filled with the Olivier brand, although it was capable of dispensing half a dozen different ones’.

Olivier cigarettes did not make everyone happy. A retired colonel wrote and expressed his disgust that a man who had been knighted could so ‘besmirch the dignity conferred upon him’ by boosting a brand of cigarettes. In reply, Olivier pointed out that the two things, the cigarette brand and the honour, had nothing to do with each other, that the same tribute had been paid to De Reszke, Sir Gerald Du Maurier – and even to the Royal Navy, in the form of Senior Service.

lpOLHd4.jpg

zJmJ91i.jpg

kcf2A3v.jpg

2xaJvmt.jpg

6vCwoR1.jpg

In 1994, there was a movie called "The Little Rascals", with new kids playing the old kids from the thirties comedy shorts.  Twenty years later, they got the cast together to try and duplicate the picture on their original movie poster.  Here are the two pictures.

poster-little-rascals.jpg?w=650

Well. Pete the Pup didn't change much!

• 2 weeks later...

I can see both.  I'm still using Windows XP. Thanks for letting me know.

I get the same result with Chrome and IE11 - text only

Maybe if you run it through TinyPic again it'll work - I assume you did that the first time, like your screenshot.

Could this be Judy reading her lines with Sonja Henie?  Check out the foot ware.

judy-garland-as-dorothy-reading-her-line

She still hasn't found those ruby slippers, but she seems to have attracted some strange little people.

judy-garland-behind-the-scenes-the-wizar

Two Dorothy's?  Here's Judy with munchkin Olga Nardone and Judy's stand-in, Bobbie Koshay.

8514c70b050fe057574c40f677c7261a.jpg

bba051b8b176513c01c80137a56ba070.jpg

Here are Bette Davis and her stand-in, Sally Sage, on the set of " Now Voyager".  It appears that Bette has bigger shoulders, which is not all that surprising, since she was known as the fifth Warner brother.  

She still hasn't found those ruby slippers, but she seems to have attracted some strange little people.

judy-garland-behind-the-scenes-the-wizar

The one in the middle must be freaking her out, sure does me.  :blink: