Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Nice pic. Check out this page: http://www.roger-russell.com/war/war.htm

Behind the scenes film of "War of The Worlds". Too bad a very detailed one wasn't created in 1953

I've seen many of the Martian hovercraft models.  Amazing it's design has stood the test of time. 

18WPH01_Martian-War-Machine-Display_02_0

I  love the shields,  really ahead of its time.

Mb62a81b706cceff757c04b8cc811bf9a.jpg

They did make the Martian probing "snake" camera a reality.

1410gg1.jpg

snake-robot.jpg

Next generation...

biorobitcs-snake-bot-1.png

• Like 2

1957 graphic detailing cross-promotion within the Walt Disney company:

WtIEChW.jpg

Note "Merchandise Licensing"; Mickey is wearing a coonskin cap, a not-so-subtle reminder of the money Walt lost a couple of years earlier in the merchandising free-for-all following the broadcast of the Davy Crockett TV episodes. Because Crockett was in the public domain, any fly-by-nighter could produce merchandise -- caps, tents, lunchboxes, whatever -- with his name on them, as long as they did not use Fess Parker's image.

As a result Disney lost millions to makers of unauthorized Davy Crockett products, which Disney had done the work of promoting. It was the biggest miscalculation of Disney's career, and he was determined it would never happen again -- his next big action hero, Zorro, was a copyrighted character fully owned by the Disney company.

• Like 1

In November 1960, LIFE magazine published an article about the breakout success of Hanna-Barbera’s seminal primetime animated series The Flintstones. The piece featured three photos of the studio, but what they didn’t publish is even more amazing

A Flintstones voice recording session: Unknown, Alan Reed, Joe Barbera, Mel Blanc, Jean Vander Pyl and Bea Benaderet (back to camera).

nHzf8xh.jpg

Mel Blanc and Alan Reed:

3bBPp2U.jpg

More photos here:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/classic/15-unpublished-photos-of-hanna-barbera-making-the-flintstones-101743.html

• Like 3

Clark Gable with 8th AF B-17F with pre-Cheyenne tail position, in Britain, 1943

Five missions as waist gunner with several groups from May to September 1943, including the B-17 Eight Ball of the 359th Bomb Squadron (351st Bomb Group).

rDbpHgO.jpg

Great pic of Gable there, Kid!

(...and yet another member of the Greatest Generation who I'll bet would have scoffed at the idea that he was somehow a "hero" for his service to our country during those dire times...wanna BET?) ;)

• Like 1

From a buddy in Roma Mata Hari (1931) Scene where Garbo makes Novarro "lose his religion". A pity though that the currently available dvd version is not the pre-code one a later cut one. Garbo is unfortunately overdressed.

"

mh1.jpg

• Like 1

A Flintstones voice recording session: Unknown, Alan Reed, Joe Barbera, Mel Blanc, Jean Vander Pyl and Bea Benaderet (back to camera).

nHzf8xh.jpg

Mel Blanc and Alan Reed:

3bBPp2U.jpg

More photos here:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/classic/15-unpublished-photos-of-hanna-barbera-making-the-flintstones-101743.html

These are great. I have to say that my favorite line from the Flintstones is when Fred's bad conscience is edging him on to steal back the sweepstakes ticket he and Barney bought together. Fred is hesitant and his bad conscience asks him what's wrong.

Fred: I feel like a big, fat crook. That's what.

Conscience: So you're fat. Does that mean you're dishonest?

• 2 weeks later...