Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

From a buddy in Roma Mata Hari (1931) Scene where Garbo makes Novarro "lose his religion". A pity though that the currently available dvd version is not the pre-code one a later cut one. Garbo is unfortunately overdressed.

"

mh1.jpg

Does TCM air the pre-code version of MATA HARI or the later cut version that was released after the code was in effect?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

600full-errol-flynn.jpg

I found this when I was looking for photos for speedracer's birthday.  Errol  looks like he is really in character - already plotting his escape.

That snap looks like it was lifted from the files of the Hollywood Police Dept....

• Like 1

Re: 5,000th post.

I know my 1,000th post was somewhere in Bogie's Favourite performances thread, but I have no idea what my 2,000th post was.  I was not paying attention.  It must have been when I was exhausted.

AS for limey's Wizard of Oz listing:

What parallel universe was this?

I found this photo online, under the title "Hollywood Star Doubles". Whether they were simply lookalikes or actually employed in doubling for the named stars, I don't know.

L-R: Margaret Bryson (Loretta Young); Virginia Rendel (Mae West), Sylvia Lamar (Joan Crawford), Carol Dietrich (Marlene Dietrich); Betty Fietrich (Greta Garbo); and Ezelle Poullee (Zasu Pitts).

QAASwlP.jpg

• Like 3

XPNkbKJ.jpg

Here is a sharper, though smaller image.

The header reads: U.S. Savings Bond Peace Patrol

Treasury Department

gI94g8x.jpg

• Like 3