Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Early photos of Vivian Vance 

Vivian with her sister

54a44c6c68027.image.jpg?resize=300%2C460

Young woman

vivian-vance-1.jpg

tumblr_m5vmt4LVod1qa70eyo1_1280.jpg

I always liked Vivian Vance.  Every now and then she would break out of her Ethel role and become quite striking (in my opinion).  These pictures are new to me, but not surprising.

I always liked Vivian Vance.  Every now and then she would break out of her Ethel role and become quite striking (in my opinion).  These pictures are new to me, but not surprising.

I always thought that "Ethel Mertz" was prettier than she was given credit for.  Husband Fred made a lot of jokes at her expense and even best friends Lucy and Ricky got in on it on occasion.  I think Ethel was pretty and I would feel pretty lucky if I had a friend like her in my life.

(After Lucy thinks she's lost her wedding ring inside a bucket of cement used to build a new backyard barbecue)

ETHEL: "You know, it's times like these I wish I had kept a diary."

LUCY: "Why?"

ETHEL: "Just so I could write: 'Dear diary, tonight, I went out in the backyard in my nightgown and felt wet cement." 

Later...

LUCY: "It's times like this when you know what friends are for."

ETHEL: "If I'd known this was what friends are for, I'd have signed up as an enemy." 

• Like 1

I always thought that "Ethel Mertz" was prettier than she was given credit for.  Husband Fred made a lot of jokes at her expense and even best friends Lucy and Ricky got in on it on occasion.  I think Ethel was pretty and I would feel pretty lucky if I had a friend like her in my life.

(After Lucy thinks she's lost her wedding ring inside a bucket of cement used to build a new backyard barbecue)

ETHEL: "You know, it's times like these I wish I had kept a diary."

LUCY: "Why?"

ETHEL: "Just so I could write: 'Dear diary, tonight, I went out in the backyard in my nightgown and felt wet cement." 

Later...

LUCY: "It's times like this when you know what friends are for."

ETHEL: "If I'd known this was what friends are for, I'd have signed up as an enemy." 

hypothetical fragment:

Fred Mertz:  There goes one hot potato tonite.  [whistles through teeth]

Ricky: Fred, you are talking about your wife.

Fred: Don't remind me.

• Like 1

enhanced-buzz-32539-1360339659-6.jpg

Hmmmm...funny, but I've never noticed before that back in the old B&W days it must've been considered "chic" for movie starlets to have dark circles under their eyes!

(...well, live and learn I guess)

Hmmmm...funny, but I've never noticed before that back in the old B&W days it must've been considered "chic" for movie starlets to have dark circles under their eyes!

(...well, live and learn I guess)

A lot of the silent stars had that look from what I've seen ... 

Theda Bara

theda-bara-08.jpg