Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Pretty healthy menu options, for the most part. I love how they have beer options on there.

Yeah Janet, and I noticed ONE of those options was "Acme" beer!

Hmmmm...ya think that stuff might've come courtesy of the same folks who brought you(okay okay, maybe not "you", but to one particular cartoon coyote of another animation studio of note) rocket sleds, super large slingshots, earthquake pills and anvils???

Pretty healthy menu options, for the most part. I love how they have beer options on there.

Yea,  those healthy menu options were the first thing I noticed and it surprised me.    Many salad choices that at least on paper sound like they would be a tasty, healthy meal.

Yeah Janet, and I noticed ONE of those options was "Acme" beer!

Hmmmm...ya think that stuff might've come courtesy of the same folks who brought you(okay okay, maybe not "you", but to one particular cartoon coyote of another animation studio of note) rocket sleds, super large slingshots, earthquake pills and anvils???

Not to mention indestructible steel balls.

• 2 weeks later...

Accordionist Danny Borzage provides music for a community sing on the set of The Searchers

ZUwekiE.jpg

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-obscure-accordionist-who-played-mood-music-on-silent-film-sets

That looks like Frank McGrath in the very middle (with the beard).  I knew that he was a stuntman on The Searchers, but never was able to spot him.  Looks like the whole gang is there.

It looks like Frank McGrath to me, too, but I found a copy of the photo that says that the bearded man is former silent film star Anonio Moreno, who was in the cast of "The Searchers".

wt13_searchers-5.jpg

Time to relax and sing. From left, standing: Mrs. Ken Curtis, Ken Curtis, Jeffrey Hunter, Harry Carey Jr., Mrs. Wayne, John Ford (eye patch). Seated, L-R): Dan Borzage, John Wayne, Antonio Moreno, Mrs. C. V. Whitney, Dorothy Jordan, C. V. Whitney, Winton Hoch, Ward Bond.

Here's Antonio. as he appeared in the movie.

12333-16780.gif

Here's Frank.

frank-mcgrath-3-sized.jpg

Kinda hard to tell, isn't it?

• Like 1

This pic has been described as taken on the set of The Searchers, but it looks to me like Ford is visiting Laurence Harvey on the set of The Alamo

Yep, almost assuredly, Doc.

Here's Harvey in that movie...

harvey1.jpg

...OOOPS, sorry.

Okay, HERE'S Harvey in that movie...

Alamo_045-500x500.jpg

...and he looks like he's wearing the same coat here as he is in the pic with Ford.

And so yeah, I'm sure you're right.

(...oh, and sorry for the cheap joke here, Doc) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Three Eunuchs: the background extras in this Biblical story (can anyone ID the film?) are Hal Roach, Harold Lloyd, and Frank Borzage.

xuKAv5J.jpg

Not sure if a recursive name search is possible with online IMDB interface, but the only film on offline IMDB which has all three men acting is Samson (1914).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what's happening here between Errol Flynn and Rita Hayworth...

tumblr_nvny46sBu61ubnvwio1_500.png

Let's just say they're having fun and leave it at that.

She's wearing jeans with side zippers. Do they still make those?